• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • holejack1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    South West Indiana
    I'd suspect the gun, though I am not familiar with the Mossburg lever. Remingtons should work just fine. Never had a problem with them, or any other 30-30 round, in my Win94.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I have a Mossburg 30-30 lever and about every other shot the shell sticks as it comes up to be loaded into the chamber. Is it the gun or the cheap Remington shells? :dunno:

I am assuming that this is a new gun, what is the round count on it? I have seen this on several before the rifle has "wore in". I have also seen it happen as well when the action is operated to quickly and/or not fully. I wouldn't default the reasoning to the choice of ammo just yet, best way to rule that out would be to purchase a different brand and see how they run.

Also a good thing to check would be for dirt/debris or a burr or flashing on the feed saddle(not a technical term).

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    When I had a new Marlin 30-30, I noticed that how I held the gun while loading a round made a big difference. If I were to keep the lever down toward the ground it would load like smooth. If I turned the gun on its side and had the lever swing out to the right I would have jamming issues.

Top Bottom