3 Presidents Remove Illegals (A real govt. Operation)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I am all for another Operation *******. If only our founding fathers would have put english as our national language. It's however an understandable oversite seeing as when they wrote the constitution it was just understood that everyone spoke english.

The framers ASSUMED that we would always speak english and we all know what that does:D In all honesty, it was probably never a concern to them as they never figured our country would be the mess it is today. The people of the American Revolution fought to get away from tyranny and injustice only for their followers to allow for it to occur again.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    There is an official language. The U.S. Government has passed Instructions to Military and Government Employees that they will speak ENGLISH in the workplace, and while conducting official activities unless they are an interpreter conducting official department business requiring another language.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Wait, you can't bring Common Sense into this discussion, for one Illegal Aliens have no common sense, or they would not be illegal aliens. For two, if the liberals who love illegal aliens had common sense they would not be liberals. For three, and it pains me to say this, but there is nothing about having to have common sense in the Constitution, though i really wish there was.

Common sense was alive and well back in the late 1700's Guess there was no need to write it in there.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I am all for another Operation *******. If only our founding fathers would have put english as our national language. It's however an understandable oversite seeing as when they wrote the constitution it was just understood that everyone spoke english.

I'm all for unity and a national language (obviously English is the first choice), but your point here holds no water.

Our founder's America was made up of 13 colonies that previously belonged to English speaking England. French territories spoke French and Spanish territories spoke Spanish. Later on in our nation's life we purchased/took more land, land which previously had not spoken English as their first language.

I don't completely understand how people can be nationally attached to a certain language, but I do understand wanting to understand what people are saying and unity in communication. I don't want to learn Spanish either.

As for the OP, the plan seemed to work for short periods of time. Our economies boomed when we throw out the help. But when three different Presidents have to do the same thing, it obviously isn't working long-term. The plan just isn't sustainable. If we're going to throw out the illegals, we need to keep them out. Not throw them out when we need jobs and turn a blind eye when we want some cheap labor. It doesn't matter anyway, because our President certainly isn't going to deport ANY illegals. He'd be more likely to throw Americans in re-education camps to teach us Latin American heritage and the Spanish language.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    While I do agree with the basic gist/feeling of most folks about this issue, there is a bit of irony about the whole, "They should speak English!" rantings that I want to point out (below).

But first let me preface this by saying that while I agree that illegal immigration should not be encouraged or supported, and we need to secure our border from the serious criminals (i.e. rapists, murders, etc. not an otherwise law-abiding guy/gal just trying to escape the s***-hole country they're from) and drug runners that flow across our porous southern border, I think a bit of empathy for the other side wouldn't hurt. Believe it or not, most people are good, no matter where they come from, so painting all illegals as some kind of singular "Un-Ahmmerkin for-eeen menace" is a bit much, me thinks.

While I jumped through all the hoops needed to live and work in Japan (get a college degree, find a company willing to sponsor my visa, find an apartment owner willing to rent to a "dirty for-eeen gaijin potential criminal" like me :rolleyes: ), I have met others from developing countries that were here illegally, but were busting their butts far more than I was to support themselves and make a better life. Some were in Japan illegally. They would have played by all the rules had they had the opportunities to get the education needed to immigrate legally. But shocking as it may sound, there are millions, perhaps billions of good decent people that are willing to work hard and study, but do not have the opportunity to learn a skill, go to school, or get an education to better themselves. The smarter ones figure it is better to break the law and risk much to gain much, than to waste their life scratching out an existance in BFE, in many cases under the boot of an oppressive regime like Mexico's corrupt government.

Here is a chart showing the steps needed to immigrate legally to the U.S:

immigration-764383.jpg

Notice here by the bottom left hand corner that if you have no college degree, no special talent (sports, singer, etc.), are not already rich, or have no technical skills (this is the same for Japan), your only hope to get in legally as an unskilled worker is by pure luck. Based on these criteria, how many of you would have been able to make it into the U.S. at 18 years old if you hadn't been born
    there? I wouldn't have...

Americans take far too much for granted and fail to realize how good they/we have it, especially the ones that think the world ends at the borders of Bumfunk ;) County, Indy-anny.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

Again, I do support tightening the border, up to and including triple concertina wire, landmines, and interlocking fields of good ol' Ma Duece fire :biggun: (= the universal language for "Please enter legally. Seriously." :D ), but having put human faces to the issue, a bit of empathy for why people enter illegally seems in order... :twocents:

Moving on, many posts here are saying in so many words, "Them damn ferriners need to learn to English instead of all that fooreen mumbo-jumbo they be speaking! This is Ahmmerikah by Gawd!"

english should be the official language but since our politicians are too lazy and PC to pass this law that would save us billions of dollars, i guess i will just have to continue to ignore people who dont speak english here.

i DO NOT cater to their english deficiency! it makes me mad when i walk into a fast food place and hear the manager speaking spanish to his troop of foreigners working in the rear. Them mo fo's would be learning english or NO DOLLARS!!! iliterate strippers understand "no dollars" so I know mexicans do too!

Not picking on you E5, but what you wrote is chock full of "non-official/standard" English and has numerous punctation and capitalization mistakes.

- The pronoun "I" should always be capitalized.
    - The first letter of a word in a sentence should always be capitalized.
    - "English", "Spanish", and "Mexican" are proper nouns and should be capitalized.
    - In my experience as a professional editor, "that would save" sounds definitive (i.e it will happen), but the sentence is stating speculation, so a comma followed by "which" seems like a better choice here
    - "dont" --> This is a contraction for "do not" so it needs an apostrophe: "don't"
    - "Them mo fo's" - somehow I don't think our Jr. High English teachers would be too keen on seeing ghetto slang in a composition.
    -"iliterate" --> is spelled with 2 "l"s "illiterate" (Sorry E5, but the irony is rich with this one... :ugh: :laugh: )

In standard written English this should read:

"English should be the official language, but since our politicians are too lazy and PC to pass this law, which would save us billions of dollars, I guess I will just have to continue to ignore people who don't speak English here.

I DO NOT cater to their English deficiency! It makes me mad when I walk into a fast food place and hear the manager speaking Spanish to his troop of foreigners* working in the rear. These people would be learning English or NO DOLLARS! Illiterate strippers understand "no dollars", so I know Mexicans** do too!"

These questions came to mind when I read this:
    * How did you know they are "foreigners"? One of my Drill Instructors :drill: , Sgt. Flores occasionally spoke Spanish to other D.I.s, but he was a U.S. :patriot: citizen.
    ** Is you Spanish proficient enough to distinguish the accent of Mexicans versus Salvodorans, Columbians, etc? :dunno: Just sayin'...

Again, E5Ranger I'm not trying to have a go/personal attack at *you* or trying to be a Grammar-nazi (everyone makes typos, I'm sure I have a few in this post :n00b: ), I just used what you wrote as an example of the irony of folks on here getting hyped up about people speaking other languages and saying, "Them damn ferriners needs to speak Eenga-lish so I's kin unnerstan 'em!" when their own written mastery of the English language needs improvement....kind of a pot/kettle/black thing, IMO. It is unreasonable to expect instant fluency in learning a new language, and people do have a right to maintain and use their language and culture even when they move to a new country, as long at they don't do it with the attitude that their culture should replace, or is superior to, the established culture, an attitude that is the origin of the term "the Ugly American" :bash: .

:twocents: :ingo:

Last edited:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The Operation would work if we continued enforcement of it or perhaps closed the border permanently.

Just think how many jobs would be created if the Fed would employ, train and arm regular citizens to patrol the border and create a human fence.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Again, I do support tightening the border, up to and including triple concertina wire, landmines, and interlocking fields of good ol' Ma Duece fire :biggun: (= the universal language for "Please enter legally. Seriously." :D ) , but having put human faces to the issue, a bit of empathy for why people enter illegally seems in order... :twocents:

I AGREE TOTALY WITH THIS!!!

Moving on, many posts here are saying in so many words, "Them damn ferriners need to learn to English instead of all that fooreen mumbo-jumbo the be speaking! This is Ahmmerikah by Gawd!"

Not picking on you E5, but what you wrote is chock full of "non-official/standard" English and has numerous punctation, capitalization, mistakes etc.

- The pronoun "I" should always be capitalized.
    - The first letter of a word in a sentence should be capitalized.
    - "English", "Spanish", and "Mexican" are proper nouns and should be capitalized.
    - In my experience as a professional editor, "that would save" sounds definitive (i.e it will happen), but the sentence is stating speculation, so a comma followed by "which" seems like a better choice here
    - "dont" --> This is a contraction for "do not" so it needs an apostrophe: "don't"
    - "Them mo fo's" - somehow I don't think our Jr. High English teachers would be too keen on seeing ghetto slang in a composition.
    -"iliterate" --> is spelled with 2 "l"s "illiterate" (Sorry E5, but the irony is rich with this one... :ugh: :laugh: )

In standard written English this should read:

"English should be the official language, but since our politicians are too lazy and PC to pass this law, which would save us billions of dollars, I guess I will just have to continue to ignore people who don't speak English here.

I DO NOT cater to their English deficiency! It makes me mad when I walk into a fast food place and hear the manager speaking Spanish to his troop of foreigners* working in the rear. These people would be learning English or NO DOLLARS! Illiterate strippers understand "no dollars", so I know Mexicans** do too!"

These questions came to mind when I read this:
    * How did you know they are "foreigners"? One of my Drill Instructors :drill: , Sgt. Flores occasionally spoke Spanish to other D.I.s, but he was a U.S. :patriot: citizen.
    ** Is you Spanish proficient enough to distinguish the accent of Mexicans versus Salvodorans, Columbians, etc? :dunno: Just sayin'...

Again, E5Ranger I'm not trying to have a go/personal attack at *you* or trying to be a Grammar-nazi (everyone makes typos, I'm sure I have a few in this post :n00b: ), I just used what you wrote as an example of the irony of folks on here getting hyped up about people speaking other languages and saying, "Them damn ferriners needs to speak Eenga-lish so I's kin unnerstan 'em!" when their own written mastery of the English language needs improvement....kind of a pot/kettle/black thing. It is unreasonable to expect instant fluency in learning a new language, and people have a right to maintain their language and culture even when they move to a new country, as long at they don't do it with the attitude that their culture should replace, or is superior to, the established culture, an attitude that is the origin of the term "the Ugly American" :bash: .

when i quickly type on INGO i dont check for spelling or other errors. its not even that im too lazy to use spell check, i just dont care to.

i made errors yes, but you also could clearly understand what i said.

in person, speaking to me, you will clearly be able to tell i have a very good understanding of the english language.

no offense taken by the way. i dont care about it, so i know it opens me to cririsism. Im a soldier, not a secretary. :D If i make a living by typing i might be more concerned. when i email our deginerate law makers to complain to them, i always use spell check, and carefully re-read everything.

now about the foreigners coming here legaly being so hard. i understand totaly what your saying, and heres my response to them: :crying::tantrum:

TO EFFING BAD!!! I dont care if they get to come here. We dont need them here, even the legal ones. theres enough people in this country right now. we dont need to continue to add to it by outside sources. yes, if it were up to me i would close the borders to ALL.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    when i quickly type on INGO i dont check for spelling or other errors. its not even that im too lazy to use spell check, i just dont care to.

i made errors yes, but you also could clearly understand what i said.

in person, speaking to me, you will clearly be able to tell i have a very good understanding of the english language.

no offense taken by the way. i dont care about it, so i know it opens me to cririsism. Im a soldier, not a secretary. :D If i make a living by typing i might be more concerned. when i email our deginerate law makers to complain to them, i always use spell check, and carefully re-read everything.

E5Ranger, that was a low friggin blow.

I can communicate decently with those who Speak Britian English, as I can with those who speak backwoods hillbilly English.

Wheather or not someone can write English is entirely different than someone who almost nearly needs to sign language his desires and meanings, or if I have to completely disregard issues because of language blocks.

BDD's analogy did not prove a point to me. If I cannot communicate, I cannot communicate.

English is the language which a majority speak in America.
    When a majority of Americans cannot communicate AT ALL with the new illegals, then the problems arent on the Americans who cant write, spell, or even speak proper English.

This is my :twocents:

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    As Ranger said anti criminal alien is not anti hispanic. I am anti illegal immigration not anti immigration. We all came here from somewere else at some point and the diverse melting pot is a great thing. I do agree we seem all too willing to let people not assimilate to become American these days. we dont encourage people to learn english by catering to non english speaking in more and more ways. That said I think in todays day and age the more pressing issue has to be borders leaking like a sinking ship. We think of hard working honest mexicans looking for the american dream but the truth is we get smugglers of drugs and peddlers of misery from mexico as well as growing numbers of illegals from known terrorist nations. We need to get off our moral high horse and realize this is not a matter of anti immigrant ethnocentrism. This is a stop them at the border or you will be fighting them in your backyard. It is not a matter of Juan the gardner feeding his family it is a matter of yuri the pimp smuggling sex slaves or heffi smuggling heroin that will poision your children or lupi and miguel who will invade your home and kidnap you or kofi who will sell your identity to liberia. and it only gets worse. Yusef wants to cut your head off you imperial great satan. Wise up America.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Obama and I disagree. He wants illiterate slaves to the government to vote and rig him and his into rulers for life. I only think you should be allowed in if you have something to offer. No more welfare seeking guberment teat suckers. But most important keep out the terrorists that are streaming in as bama worrys about how to pull his agenda over our eyes at all costs.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    While I do agree with the basic gist/feeling of most folks about this issue, there is a bit of irony about the whole, "They should speak English!" rantings that I want to point out (below).

(snipped)

Again, E5Ranger I'm not trying to have a go/personal attack at *you* or trying to be a Grammar-nazi (everyone makes typos, I'm sure I have a few in this post :n00b: ), I just used what you wrote as an example of the irony of folks on here getting hyped up about people speaking other languages and saying, "Them damn ferriners needs to speak Eenga-lish so I's kin unnerstan 'em!" when their own written mastery of the English language needs improvement....kind of a pot/kettle/black thing, IMO. It is unreasonable to expect instant fluency in learning a new language, and people do have a right to maintain and use their language and culture even when they move to a new country, as long at they don't do it with the attitude that their culture should replace, or is superior to, the established culture, an attitude that is the origin of the term "the Ugly American" :bash: .

The problem I have with just about everything you have written here, is that it doesn't matter what other countries do as far as immigration. This is the United States of America. We have our traditions and our laws. If you emigrate illegally to Mexico and get caught, you either get locked up or deported. You can't own land, you can't be a "yankee-mexican"; you'd better speak Spanish if you want to get along. There is a long history of immigrants from around the world who came to America and learned the language and, eventually, joined the society as "Americans". Rightly or wrongly, we have laws which outline the proper way to legally emigrate to the US. Other countries expect immigrants to follow their rules; I don't see why we shouldn't expect the same. We also shouldn't follow the wrong-headed Canadian example of having two official languages.

And another thing about languages. Most Europeans speak multiple languages because they are historically so close to one another (and they've been invading and /or being invaded for centuries). Naturally they have incentive to learn their neighbors' language. Do you know why English is the official ICAO language for air travel? Probably because the United States REBUILT Europe and Asia after WWII. So if our unfortunate lack of foreign speaking neighbors (most of us) offends you - too bad!

BTW, congratulations on being able to live in a country where you are considered an uncouth barbarian.

Top Bottom