• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    People have made guns for over a hundred years. This is just a different way to do it.

When people say the tech isn't ready on 3d, well airplanes originally couldn't sink ships. Now they can take out a city.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not sure what to think of this portion of the interview.

“I don’t consider myself a tech guy, but I do consider myself a crypto-anarchist,” he said.

“I mean the philosophy that Tim May expressed, he predicted WikiLeaks and digital currency. [What I mean is] that the Internet and cryptography are these anarchic tools that can allow for the expanse of citizen action. We like the idea of the market becoming completely black and starving the nation-state from all the money they claim.”

verv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    I took engineering in college and 3d printing is the sign of things to come imagine the cost effectiveness of printing your prototype for a lower or a pistol to work out any bugs. A lower could be printed in about 2 hours and wouldnt need any reworking it would be ready to go.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    People have made guns for over a hundred years. This is just a different way to do it.

Well, I have homemade guns that are older than 100 years, so we know it is has gone on longer than that.:D

Here is the game changer . . . a mouse click will some be able to get you whatever you want: 1911, AR, Thompson M1921, PPS-43, AK-74, whatever.

We just leapt over machining and tool and die knowledge.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    3d printing on metal Im sure is quite expensive.

This will get regulated, like machine guns have, to where the only people who have them have paid out the ass, or are lying about it.

Sublime49er247

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Sure I can elaborate

Care to elaborate, Kimosabe? Or are you satisfied now that you have your 50?

3D printing has unlimited capabilities. I have seen manufacturers start to use this technology to print shoes that are ultra light. I have heard of medical uses such as prosthetics, but I cant verify that. I would love to have one now but with any newer technology I will wait 5 years and let the "early adopter fee" go down. We have all seen the ability to print gun parts and some pocket size guns (not sure if they can fire).

I hope this is enough elaboration Hammerhead, if not I like to write books in my spare time. Let me know. :)

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    3D printing has unlimited capabilities. I have seen manufacturers start to use this technology to print shoes that are ultra light. I have heard of medical uses such as prosthetics, but I cant verify that. I would love to have one now but with any newer technology I will wait 5 years and let the "early adopter fee" go down. We have all seen the ability to print gun parts and some pocket size guns (not sure if they can fire).

I hope this is enough elaboration Hammerhead, if not I like to write books in my spare time. Let me know. :)

Just checking, chief. One liners like that tend to look suspiciously like classified jumping without followup.

:welcome: to :ingo:

Top Bottom