• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The Genie may be out of the bottle, but I am sure they will regulate it and if you use it after that you will become a criminal just like if you sawed off your shotgun to short without a stamp

theblackhat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Bremen
    I saw an article in Wired.com that was about this very thing. The idea is intriguing but to my knowledge, no one has done any long term testing. Can it handle 100s of rounds? I suppose if you could mass-produce them in your home, it wouldn't matter.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I give them props for putting their name and face out there. Until there is some sort of super polymer or a printer that can print using aluminum, there will be a stand still. This is awesome technology though, and one reason I glad I chose to study Design.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I give them props for putting their name and face out there. Until there is some sort of super polymer or a printer that can print using aluminum, there will be a stand still. This is awesome technology though, and one reason I glad I chose to study Design.

You realize there's 3d printing with metal right?

Even in stainless steel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20R9nItDmPY

Of course it can be done better now days.

Like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zknjvQtn6e4

Last edited:

fro65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    South of Ft. Wayne
    Interesting to see this. About a year ago, a stockbroker suggested I consider investing in a new technology called "3-D Printing". Curious, I researched the subject. My first thought was 'I wonder if this could be used to make firearms'. Looks like I'm not the only one wondering. As of now, relatively low strength polymers are the only useable media but it appears other options aren't too far in the future. Will be interesting to see how this gets regulated.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    As long as he isn't selling finished guns, he doesn't need an FFL. all they would be doing is sharing a file of mil-spec parts. What YOU do with the file is where FFL's and FORM 1's would come into play. These files are already out there if you look for them. There are also files out on the interwebz to print your own 30rnd. Mags. They appear very much like the most popular makers mags (who happens to be vacating Colorado as we speak). I've seen vids, but nothing in they way of endurance/torture testing. I know the printers have been around for 20+ years. The affordability has been the biggest change in recent years.

balzack2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    South of Ft Wayne
    I work in the medical device industry and we machine pieces made with this process on a daily basis. We have found that these pieces are as strong as and lighter than using solid pieces of material. Very interesting process to see.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Right in my wheelhouse.
    Would this be the same as the bridge or conning tower wherein resides Captain Kirk of the H.M.S. Freeman? Whose [STRIKE]5-year[/STRIKE] lifelong mission is to explore strange new [STRIKE]worlds[/STRIKE] girls, to seek out [STRIKE]new[/STRIKE] any intelligent life, and bring culture (ancient English, of course, with a bit of Swiss influence) and civilisation to the savages? To boldly go where no man has gone before?

Did you receive this information through Bletchley, or did you solve the Enigma on your own?

Top Bottom