2nd attempt at laser engraving (with pics)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    this is the american flag with the shadow of a eagle in it. this graphic was a pita. none of the graphic was in the right format so alot of it is redrafted. i have to say im pretty happy with the results and it was worth the work

again sorry for the camera

engravingflag001.jpg

engravingflag002.jpg

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Dude come on you have a laser engraver and all you have is that crappy camera???

Looks really good from what I can see.

Figure out how to do the Smile Wait For Flash on the end of a barrel yet?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Dude come on you have a laser engraver and all you have is that crappy camera???

Looks really good from what I can see.

Figure out how to do the Smile Wait For Flash on the end of a barrel yet?

ive looked pretty hard at it but dont think there is room on the end of the flash supperssor on a ar

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    after posting this i realized how bad the pics look so i tried again i think this is a little better

engravingflag003.jpg

does your camera have a macro?{it might be a picture of a flower} if you do put it on that setting and slowly press the button{give it a chance to lock on the item and to correctly set its focus}

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    does your camera have a macro?{it might be a picture of a flower} if you do put it on that setting and slowly press the button{give it a chance to lock on the item and to correctly set its focus}

i figured that out on the last pic. i have the original digital camera. it defintally time to upgrade

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    That's looking sweet! I'm guessing it's burning the top layer of paint or metal off so how does it look after it's oiled? Does it stay the white/light color?

good question ill tell you tomorow. im still new at this. ive been doing it for 3-4 days now. i dont want to say somthing without trying it. i really dont think it will make any diffrence since im cutting into the aluminum but ill let you know for sure. i know i have some engravings that when you put the mag in are actually inside the mag well (im using all the space on the mags for pratice) a sliding the mags in the lower has no effect on it

Top Bottom