• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    As I posted in a related thread, I bought a used NE handi-rifle in .223 at a gun show for $150. I shot it for the first time today. It appears to shoot a little over 1 MOA, though each group had one shot that was noticibly further away. Without the one odd shot per group, the rifle would actually be closer to 1/2 MOA, as crazy as that may sound. Very pleased with the purchase, thanks to those of you who advised me about this rifle.

BTW, these groups were shot with a cheap Simmons scope that came with the gun, and bulk reload ammo purchased at the gun show.

kwmkoester

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    I had a buddy that had an H&R and he loved it, I had a real hard time getting comfortable with it, I'm 6'7" and often have that problem.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Clearly I am the least bullet savvy member here... but just to throw it out there... won't some (303, nagant) mil-surplus get 2MOA and reach to about 300yds? And easily break $200?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    K31 is going to be hands down the leader. K31's will shoot better than most ~$1,000 bolt action rifles.

That said, for 2MOA a Mosin, Mauser or K31 will easily do that. All three of those rifles will land hits w/o a problem at 500 yards (and beyond).

The skill (and vision) of the shooter will determine if you need to put optics on it, when shooting beyond 300 yards.

Top Bottom