• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    just signed up. I never saw anything else about the Bass Pro Gift Card besides the banner at the top of the first page. Will it be sent with my NRA package in 2-4 weeks or was the deal no longer going on? It was a $25 one year membership.

Any Ideas? or did i just miss somthing?

Merry Christmas to:ingo:

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    just signed up. I never saw anything else about the Bass Pro Gift Card besides the banner at the top of the first page. Will it be sent with my NRA package in 2-4 weeks or was the deal no longer going on? It was a $25 one year membership.

Any Ideas? or did i just miss somthing?

Merry Christmas to:ingo:

I just woke up from a nap and thinking the samething. Hopefully when out packet shows up it will be in their... Or Bass Pro Shop is hoing to say WTF and ax that deal.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I would never do a lifetime membership to any advocacy group.

First, why would you want to nickle and dime your rights away, just to say a few bucks? * If you believe the group is actually doing right by you.

Second, make them EARN your membership, year after year.

I almost made the mistake of life membership in the NRA. I'm glad I found out how bad they have sold gun owners (who own anything beyond a double barrel and bolt action) down the river in the past.

In any case, I am a member of the GOA and SAF and as amazing as they have been, in the case of the SAF court cases from Heller to Macdonald, they need to keep doing the right things to see my money, not just year to year but throughout the year as well.

I occasionally eat at BassPro Islamadora (kids love the fish tank) so it'd be a wash for me to join right now, the gift card would get used.

I can't though, I still don't trust them and Waynes press conference called not for a restoration of Rights to a group of Americans who choose to be teachers but called for more federal government and actions that would be outside of the legislative authority of Congress.

I can't support a group that alleges to support one amendment to the Constitution and throws the rest under the bus.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I almost made the mistake of life membership in the NRA. I'm glad I found out how bad they have sold gun owners (who own anything beyond a double barrel and bolt action) down the river in the past.

I can't though, I still don't trust them and Waynes press conference called not for a restoration of Rights to a group of Americans who choose to be teachers but called for more federal government and actions that would be outside of the legislative authority of Congress.

I can't support a group that alleges to support one amendment to the Constitution and throws the rest under the bus.

I have stayed out of commenting on this topic but I have to ask what news conference where you watching? Clearly not the same one I was.

Wayne suggested a using police initially just to kick it off quickly but longer term was to use retired and trained volunteers. He also never said you would have to pay these people? There are about 4000 schools (say half already have armed support so lets say 3000 remaining to protect...5 days a week = 15000 volunteers....NRA has 4M members I am sure we can find 15000 trained volunteers willing to give up 1 day a week to protect our kids...I know I would!!!)

Also you say its more government...how so? This would require removing the gun free zones from schools and putting community protection back in the hands of the community and not the government.

You can do what you want with your money, you can claim (proof I have yet to see?) that they haven't helped the gun community...as for me my voice will be joined with 4M others to try and save your rights for you, my kids and myself as a life member of the NRA. :patriot:

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Just signed up, embarrassed to say I let my membership lapse a couple years ago. This was a good deal and motivation to get back on the roster!

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I joined NRA today.
    I also joined Medicare last summer.
    Got my lifetime LCH last year.
    I could even decide to join the American Legion.

Cool to be an old fart.

Mark

Lobby Lobby Lobby

Reapermaxx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for the link. Been putting this off far too long and this was good deal to get on board. We need them more than ever to help us with the upcoming fight.

Top Bottom