• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have an old Intratec Protec .25 auto (I know, I know, pot metal POS)
    but....
    my wife was shooting it and the firing pin broke and part came out of the slide.
    So, I looked all over for a replacement firing pin, but the Intratec company is out of business, and all the usual parts suppliers like Numrich and Brownells were no help.
    Anyway I have a lead on one from a CZ-45 , and some say it's a clone.
    Anyone know FOR SURE if it will work?
    SORRY if I should have posted in gunsmithing, but you all read the Handguns section first don't you?

Thanks!

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    If you can't find one you will have to have one made or make one yourself. The best place to start is finding a FP of similar size and configuration to minimize the amount of work that you will have to do. If the pin from the CZ_45 is not a dead ringer it can most likely be made into one. Have fun.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks I found a CZ 45 schematic drawing on line and got the broken pin out. It seems it broke in two, I got lucky and what I have left looks close to the drawing and a parts company located in Canada may have one avaliable. Since a replacement from Intratec is out of the question, I will order the Canadian CZ part and hope for the best.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I have ordered parts for my CZ 1945 from Marstar in the past. Very good service. Only complaint is their shipping charges are outrageous.
    BTW, the Protec is a clone of the CZ, not the other way around. CZ's are very dependable. I have heard that some parts are interchangeable.
    If you can't get the part from Marstar, PM me, I have a spare firing pin and spring.

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I received a link from a distributor out of Canada called Marstar, the firing pin for a CZ-45, I was told might fit, I contacted Marstar and they have them in stock at $22.50 ea Canadian with U.S. dollar conversion is about $17.50, shipping $8 Canadian, about $5 US.....say $22.50 for a new part on a $50 pistol......but an INGO member has one and hopefully it is what I need as I still have the front half of a broken one to compare, we shall see.
    I carried this lil auto for many years deep cheap backup to a back up gun at times, and while I will retire it after getting a new pin in and test firing it, I could even wait for a city buy back program................... .nah I will get a pin in and if it fires through a mag retire it.

Google Marstar parts out of Canada, they might have what you need if a fellow INGOER doesn't.

Hoping to get it fixed soon.

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks, Tomc1947 plans to hook me up soon, no worries, but...............as mentioned before, I had stripped the piece down to remove the broken firing pin, and to do so you have to first tap out a very tiny pin the size of the letter "I" on this keyboard, remove the extractor and the firing pin and spring slides right out. Easy EH? Well, I bagged those parts after taking a pic of the broken pin, but forgot to take the extractor spring out of the slide from the side. I thought to put a piece of scotch tape over it but I should have taken it out too and bagged it. Nope. Sitting in bed sometime this weekend I took the disassembled parts out for a good scrubbing watching TV and snacking out as usual, snacking leads to crumbs and well you just hand swipe the place you were snacking to get the crumbs off the whatever they landed on and vacuum later before the "BOSS", finds out. You see where I am going with this? Somehow, sometime, somewhere the lil extractor spring the size of the letter "o" on this keyboard came out, fell out, got knocked out. OH Dang! (Not what I said) when I noticed it missing, but let me tell you during most of CBS 60 minutes last night I played CSI, on hands and knees searching the spread and carpet for a very tiny spring. Pieces of popcorn, chips, cheese curl, and pretzel I found, spring I didn't.
    OH DANG! (Not what I said believe me) I will have to get the Dyson out and strain the bag later eh? But before I do, maybe just maybe this corner under the night stand needs to be searched......................whoop, whoop, can it be true?!?

(Happy Dance) There it is, whew!

Now I have a clean, bagged, disassembled .25 auto awaiting a new unbroken firing pin 99% intact!

Pics, (Pistol in question)
    View attachment 46548
    Part I need.
    View attachment 46550

Broken pin
    View attachment 46570

By the way Chaplain, the gentleman in the E-Bay link, directed me to MARSTAR, nice guy, he knew I didn't need it all.

Last edited:

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    You see where I am going with this? Somehow, sometime, somewhere the lil extractor spring the size of the letter "o" on this keyboard came out, fell out, got knocked out. OH Dang! (Not what I said) when I noticed it missing, but let me tell you during most of CBS 60 minutes last night I played CSI, on hands and knees searching the spread and carpet for a very tiny spring. Pieces of popcorn, chips, cheese curl, and pretzel I found, spring I didn't.
    OH DANG! (Not what I said believe me) I will have to get the Dyson out and strain the bag later eh? But before I do, maybe just maybe this corner under the night stand needs to be searched......................whoop, whoop, can it be true?!?

You might pick up one of these for next time:)

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Heew Boy, the broken pin and Canadian cousin (pictured) in closer inspection do not look like an exact match, others say it will work, but........ I think a correct firing pin spring would be needed too.
    I don't need to install this, get to the range for a test fire, and just loading the chamber causing a slam fire.
    Maybe I better go back to plan one and wait for the next free pizza certificate Indy buy back.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Heew Boy, the broken pin and Canadian cousin (pictured) in closer inspection do not look like an exact match, others say it will work, but........ I think a correct firing pin spring would be needed too.
    I don't need to install this, get to the range for a test fire, and just loading the chamber causing a slam fire.
    Maybe I better go back to plan one and wait for the next free pizza certificate Indy buy back.

Depending on how much you want to fix this gun, you could try calling ZR Tactical in Noblesville and see if Zach would be willing to see if he could make one or mod the CZ one if it's close. I don't know that he would do it, but I've talked him into working on my Forehand & Wadsworth revolvers before (the Intratech or Jennings of the late 19th century).

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks Beo, found this link before buying the CZ pin and spring, about the 9:45 mark, the video spokesperson states, he too bought a CZ pin and installed it, and IT Does not Work, so for a $50 pistol, I think its retirement time, I got my son one NIB from KS&E Sports years ago, it is in the bottom of my safe, he has not been interested in it. I can give him my .25 auto ammo (3 boxes) warn him of the "now I know" firing pin problem, almost impossible to find spare part, and call it a day. A pin sold on E-Bay for $1 on 23 Oct 2015, (that's where I got the picture), and maybe someday I find another. Till then the Glock-43 for my wife is the tiniest pistol we shall play with, and I have spares for it already.

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    Thanks, Tomc1947 plans to hook me up soon, no worries, but...............as mentioned before, I had stripped the piece down to remove the broken firing pin, and to do so you have to first tap out a very tiny pin the size of the letter "I" on this keyboard, remove the extractor and the firing pin and spring slides right out. Easy EH? Well, I bagged those parts after taking a pic of the broken pin, but forgot to take the extractor spring out of the slide from the side. I thought to put a piece of scotch tape over it but I should have taken it out too and bagged it. Nope. Sitting in bed sometime this weekend I took the disassembled parts out for a good scrubbing watching TV and snacking out as usual, snacking leads to crumbs and well you just hand swipe the place you were snacking to get the crumbs off the whatever they landed on and vacuum later before the "BOSS", finds out. You see where I am going with this? Somehow, sometime, somewhere the lil extractor spring the size of the letter "o" on this keyboard came out, fell out, got knocked out. OH Dang! (Not what I said) when I noticed it missing, but let me tell you during most of CBS 60 minutes last night I played CSI, on hands and knees searching the spread and carpet for a very tiny spring. Pieces of popcorn, chips, cheese curl, and pretzel I found, spring I didn't.

I'm very glad you found it! I've used a piece of cheesecloth or something porous but blocking like that stretched over and rubber banded to the vacuum hose to find a small lost item.

Top Bottom