• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I think there's utility in a .22LR conversion for an AR versus building a dedicated .22AR. I think the 2A and CMMG units are both said to be pretty reliable.

Not sure if there's an accuracy issue running RF in a CF barrel, but on paper it sounds like a good idea.

I shoot my AR pistol with the cmmg 22 conversion more than any other. I've had a few crappy ammo issues but very reliable and fun. The accuracy beyond 25-50yds is not really that great but for up close and just training/plinking purposes it is awesome.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Interesting post. I did notice a lot of 22 on the shelf. Almost bought some, but I don’t have a 22. Does anyone have a recommendation for my first 22 cal?

A nice moderate priced .22 would be a Henry. They are well made and affordable, and their customer service is second to none. Even on used one's if you have a problem Henry will help you. This has been my experience.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A nice moderate priced .22 would be a Henry. They are well made and affordable, and their customer service is second to none. Even on used one's if you have a problem Henry will help you. This has been my experience.

And a Henry looks great above the fire place.

dolNVXB.jpg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I shoot my AR pistol with the cmmg 22 conversion more than any other. I've had a few crappy ammo issues but very reliable and fun. The accuracy beyond 25-50yds is not really that great but for up close and just training/plinking purposes it is awesome.

Rimfire ammo is relatively dirty and that gets into the gas system which is not a huge deal but more of a nuisance. I have a 22 conversion kit and have never used it. I much prefer keeping my AR ready to be an AR and having separate 22 rifles.
    Of course that is just me - I like shooting rimfire and have many of them, covering 22lr, 22 Mag, 17HMR and 17HM2.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Rimfire ammo is relatively dirty and that gets into the gas system which is not a huge deal but more of a nuisance. I have a 22 conversion kit and have never used it. I much prefer keeping my AR ready to be an AR and having separate 22 rifles.
    Of course that is just me - I like shooting rimfire and have many of them, covering 22lr, 22 Mag, 17HMR and 17HM2.

I dont always clean my AR after shooting 5.56/223 but I do after 22lr, especially have to clean my spikes barking spider muzzle comp after shooting 22

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    You KNOW things are insane when 9mm is a better deal OTC at my LGS then by M/O. I can buy 9mm for $10/50 at my LGS today. During the Trump years I stocked up on 22lr, 223, 9mm. 45acp and bullets. Have no need for powder, brass or primers.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You KNOW things are insane when 9mm is a better deal OTC at my LGS then by M/O. I can buy 9mm for $10/50 at my LGS today. During the Trump years I stocked up on 22lr, 223, 9mm. 45acp and bullets. Have no need for powder, brass or primers.

You mean like, NOW?

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    mrgunsngear had a couple nice links up last night or this morning on his FB page re some in-stock deals (via ship to home) at Academy.
    I followed the links and ordered five 50-count boxes of Hornady Frontier .223 55gr fmj at 32 cents per round; also five 100-count boxes of Blazer Brass 9mm 115gr at $20 per box.
    He's since posted more links to additional decent deals on American Eagle 5.56 and Rem UMC 9mm jacketed ball.
    It would indeed seem that not pooping oneself and going to into panic mode was the right call.

braydenw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2020
    Columbus
    Be careful if the prices on ammo look super good, places like Carolina Munitions have what appear to be super good prices but the shipping kills

Top Bottom