• ...and so much more!
  • JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Watch the ads at Dick Sporting Goods. They sometimes feature a Remington bolt action rifle with scope for less than 200.00. I've thought several times about getting one myself. But I already have a cabinet full of ventage 22 rifles. Both Marlin and Winchester.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    Hi, I just bought a Savage 64 today at Gander Mountain for my wife to shoot. I was looking between this and the Marlin but the Savage came with a little 4x15 scope. I will give you one big tip though: use CCI Minimags. Federal bulk have a hollow point and would not feed for the life of me. The front of the bullet wouldn't reach the feed ramp and would just jam. CCI are a little longer and seem to feed just fine. I think there are a couple other brands that are similar shaped that could probably feed.

10/22 would be a better rifle if you find a deal but for $150 the Savage seams to be a pretty good shooter. Bolt handle and mag release are also very short.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Thanks, db. I appreciate the edit of the toes too. The other picture was blurry but had the dog instead of my toes. lol

I'm not looking for the best availability of aftermarket parts. Just looking to do a threaded barrel (not even sure on that one), a surpressor if I do the threaded barrel, a decent scope, and a new stock (found one already). Just looking for something to shoot at 75 - 100 yards, and I have no doubt that a Remington 597 is 100% capable of that.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Marlin60 or Savage MKII
    I've got an old Glenfield Marlin model 60 that i wouldnt trade for the world
    Savage MKII is a great bolt gun, throw a scope on there and its pretty accurate at distance

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom