• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    OP, don't take it hard. Topics like this are very sensitive because people are so frustrated with the way some folks have behaved during this ammo shortage. It sounds like you just weren't sure what the price of a brick really should be. Enjoy the site.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I only have 2 cases and I definitely paid too much for by looking at your price suggestions. I can't find it in stock Anywhere for under 10cents a round. I'm trying to trade for other pistol ammo rather than sell. Thanks again for your input.

I put in orders at Cabela's and pick it up at the store when it arrives. Paid $47 for 1000 rounds of Winchester 22lr about 10 days ago. Did the same thing, for about the same price, for 2 boxes fo 525 Remington 22lr about 4 weeks ago.

Its never 'in stock' in the store, but you can get it in the store if you follow their rules.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    22 lr are starting to show up now at normal prices. So flippers are going to lose big time. I wish they would all go away and stay off here.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wasn't going to add my 2 cents, but since the seller started this thread and wanted answers, I will try to explain why this old bat would be offended at $60 for a brick +25 rounds of .22LR.

Back in the days when my daughter got into the shooting sport, about 14 years ago, we would buy .22LR by the case (5000 rounds) since that would last us about a month. We bought CCI blazer, not only because it was inexpensive, but the rifles we were using worked well with that ammo. The cost? $70 per case out the door. When bricks of shooter grade .22LR broke the $10 barrier it did put a crimp in our shooting but it was still not that bad considering how much good .223 was those days.

The last case (5000 rounds) of CCI Blazer I purchased cost me $150 shipped. While I was not happy, I saw the handwriting on the wall and ordered it.

No offense, I am a firm believer in capitalism, but I will melt down my .22 rifles before I pay between $500 and $600 for a case of CCI Blazer. Sorry, but you asked.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I put in orders at Cabela's and pick it up at the store when it arrives. Paid $47 for 1000 rounds of Winchester 22lr about 10 days ago. Did the same thing, for about the same price, for 2 boxes fo 525 Remington 22lr about 4 weeks ago.

Its never 'in stock' in the store, but you can get it in the store if you follow their rules.

Do you happen to have a link to the .22 ammo on the website? Or do you order it at the store to be shipped to the store? I've looked at their website trying to find the prices and can't seem to find it. Also, how long does it seem to take for them to get it in at he store once you order it?

The Wamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Martinsville
    Do you happen to have a link to the .22 ammo on the website? Or do you order it at the store to be shipped to the store? I've looked at their website trying to find the prices and can't seem to find it. Also, how long does it seem to take for them to get it in at he store once you order it?

This... How do you get it? If not online, do you call in a phone order or something like that?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

Me three...please explain!!!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I just spent $600 on a case of winchester subsonic 42 gr hollowpoints. . Well, $592, but that includes shipping and the 3 percent C/C fee from whitakkers and was glad to get it. Wolf Match Target was $50 a brick b4 the panic. And its not nearly as effective on squirrels as the s/s h/p stuff.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The last time I saw you and Michele at Cabelas I was walking out with 1000 rounds of 22lr. I've been back a couple times since then, each time picking up more 22lr.

When I am looking for it I check GUNBOT's AmmoFinder every morning, usually a couple times every morning. Cabela's is listed on there, with the link and the prices.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @melensdad

Are you going to Cabela's and buying .22lr from their shelves or is it ammo you have ordered online and just picking up?

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    0961.jpg
    THis is my new favorite at $60 for a box it st a steal they Choot gators with em

The Wamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Martinsville
    Sorry, I forgot sarchasm doesn't work on the Internet. But I am actually surprised you can kill a gator with .22lr... Unless you can put it through their eye

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    @melensdad

Are you going to Cabela's and buying .22lr from their shelves or is it ammo you have ordered online and just picking up?

:):

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    $60 "seems" a lil bit on the high side (sarcasm intended)... got that same box @ cabela's i think it was $28 with tax ... i thought that was pretty pricey...good luck finding anything on the shelf tho ...right place right time...

Top Bottom