• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I bet those stickers are a attempt to curb the employee "shrinkage" that is often spoken of on here. The guy supplementing his stocker or assistant manager wally world check by selling 22s from the trunk of his car.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My local Wal-Mart had the 1000-round boxes of Winchester M-22 this morning. A friend of mine stopped in on his way to work and there were no customers other than him, so he bought his limit of three and left. Upon inspecting the boxes later, he noticed that the barcodes had been blacked out with a Sharpie and a sticker placed over them that read "If this product is found for sale at a location other than Wal-Mart, please call 1-800-Walmart". I thought that was hilarious, as Wal-Mart has no control over what you have legally bought and paid for in their store. My friend and I don't flip ammo, so some silly stickers don't mean a thing, but it's still funny nonetheless.

How can you guys sleep at night having so much while others have so little?

Grandkids and stuff...

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Dang horders. They gots to look like those folk on the tv with all the boxes and stuff and papers sit'in around the house.

What about the chillren, the chillren...

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    What about the chillren, the chillren...

That's what kills me about all of this. All I keep hearing about is how we're screwing the kids over with all of this. Yet every time I pass by the ammunition cabinet at Walmart, there isn't a person waiting who isn't on Social Security.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    A thread of free marketers using thier freedom of speech to attack others using their freedom of speech to complain about the free marketers. Whatta country!

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    We want the "War On Drugs" stopped. But these damn ammo flippers.....Throw the book at em'! I guess $60.00 for a gram of cocaine that last 10 minutes isn't bad. But pay the same for a brick of .22's, and the guy should be drawn and quartered. Only in America!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's what kills me about all of this. All I keep hearing about is how we're screwing the kids over with all of this. Yet every time I pass by the ammunition cabinet at Walmart, there isn't a person waiting who isn't on Social Security.

Uh, they are the flippers.....:dunno:

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Could someone explain the term 'neckbeard'? I've read of the term 'neckbeard' within the context of ammo flippers in another forum.

:dunno:

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Seriously, I plan on dropping $10-20k on ammo in the next year. 223, 7.62x39, and 22. Even if I buy at Walmart prices and sell at Walmart prices, what better return could I make right now than ammo? 2% on a bank CD?

Just realized what some folks are up to and it makes me sad.... or.......Noooooo...........S * I * C * K......................... and tired of it... for sure

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Flipping ammo is the only way I can afford tires for the 24" rims on my Escalade ever since BigO stopped accepting wick.

I just go to the the walmart distribution center in seymour and buy 50000 rounds before it gets on the truck to go to the store(they accept wick and ebt right at the loading dock) that way I can sleep in and watch the Steve Wilco show.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    You feel the same way about 401k account owners?

HELP WANTED; .22 LR Flipper wanted: Apply in person, 11 Wall Street, Lower Manhattan, Ny, NY 10005 Special Note: bring resume" with plenty of investment grade cash transactions documented. Must bring walmart bags LOL............... You will be in a class by yourself. Next stop, Hedge fund Mgr. for bowling shoes and pins LOL......................... Just plain old ordinary hoarder & gouger syndrome and YES it makes me sad....... or Noooooooo.......S * I * C * K and tired of it........... for sure

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    Flipping ammo is the only way I can afford tires for the 24" rims on my Escalade ever since BigO stopped accepting wick.

I just go to the the walmart distribution center in seymour and buy 50000 rounds before it gets on the truck to go to the store(they accept wick and ebt right at the loading dock) that way I can sleep in and watch the Steve Wilco show.
    Need some 24" tires? Have 3 with less then 1000 miles on them that came off of QX56

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    HELP WANTED; .22 LR Flipper wanted: Apply in person, 11 Wall Street, Lower Manhattan, Ny, NY 10005 Special Note: bring resume" with plenty of investment grade cash transactions documented. Must bring walmart bags LOL............... You will be in a class by yourself. Next stop, Hedge fund Mgr. for bowling shoes and pins LOL......................... Just plain old ordinary hoarder & gouger syndrome and YES it makes me sad....... or Noooooooo.......S * I * C * K and tired of it........... for sure

I just did a quick total of 7.62x39 listed as IN STOCK on Luckygunner's website. It's nearly 400,000 rounds listed as IN STOCK. They have 1000 round cases for as low as $220. If I buy 50 cases right now at $220, that's $11,000. Then in 2016, when the repubs drum up the "omg, if Hillary wins, she's going to ban our guns, you have to vote for Christie!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!" crap and the going rate for those cases is $350, why am I wrong to sell them for that?

If I buy 50,000 rounds today, that still leaves nearly 350,000 rounds for other customers to buy. Those who I would sell to during the next panic had the same opportunity to buy today that I did.

How is the above any different than buying gold, silver, stocks, baseball cards, furbies, cabbage patch dolls, nascar collectibles, or any other such item in the hopes of earning a future profit? Do I have a duty sell any of those items to buyers at a discount like everyone seems to think ammo sellers do?

Top Bottom