• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taco

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    I had a CMMG that ran well. I had to trim the spring a bit to get it to extract properly but after that it ran 100%.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I will also say, save yourself the headaches and DO NOT get a Chiappa! I got one initially, failed after 2-3 shots. Sent it in for repair through the guy I bought it from, after nearly a month I got it back, and it failed AGAIN in the exact same manner! The failure was that after a few shots the guide rod would pop out of place and mangled the spring (in both cases). They're cheaply made, plastic pieces of crap! Thankfully the guy I bout it from allowed me to return it for a full refund even after 6 months (props to him). But yeah, stay away from those.

klrbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    I put my vote in for the full CMMG upper. Never had a problem with mine. I have it set up as a twin to my 5.56.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I have a CMMG and love it. It was a rough start though. I had to do a lot of research to figure out the problem. I have a Colt HBAR with a low mass hammer so it was VERY finicky. I polished everything and finally figured out the ONE kind of ammo it likes it is awesome.
    After the learning curve it has been 99% reliable with a very specific ammo.

A couple things to consider if you get one:
    --Don't play with the conversion kit with live ammo. The conversion "part" has everything it needs to fire a round through your hand. Someone here on INGO can attest to that, I'm not able to find the thread now.
    --If it doesn't seem to work well out of the box spend some time looking online as to the problem. There are a LOT of gun or ammo specific issues that are easy to fix that are not mentioned in the product insert. (Google is your friend)
    --This will pay for itself in no time in ammo cost savings.
    --Your AR is now Friday Night Steel compliant! It is hard to shoot FNS with anything other than my AR with the 22 conversion in it after having done it once. :rockwoot::ar15:

Top Bottom