• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    That's like $.60/round. That's crazy high!

David (Britton) at 21st Century just sold a pallet of .223 @ $.35/round.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    WOW, what has happend to ammo prices........

If you are willing (and have the time) to search for deals you don't have to pay over 35 cents a round for new production .223. That's 35 cents a round delivered.

The price for NEW production .223 is actually down a bit going back 5-6 years. What makes it hurt is that there is no milsurp to be had for 10-15 cents a round anymore.

Just say no to high ammo prices. If you don't buy prices have to drop. Supply and demand. I'm still working on cases of SA and cans of Izzy "slightly tarnished" so I can wait out the spikes :)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ha, did a walk thru of local gander today. They had just got a bunch of PMC in recently and had it on SPECIAL! for $13.99. Im glad I got some from Britton for a LOT less!

VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    21st Century is in Bluffton, IN about 30 mins S of Fort Wayne.

wherever you are in the state, it's worth the drive. GREAT staff, excellent selection, top-notch across the board.

whipfinish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    That's like $.60/round. That's crazy high!

David (Britton) at 21st Century just sold a pallet of .223 @ $.35/round.

Yep, by the time you add tax and it would be around .64 cents per. You can find .223 for less and more. Dave (at 21st Centurey) is also taking names for his next order of .223 as the first pallet is gone. I was in his shop last Friday and what was left of his pallet had "SOLD" signs hanging all over it.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Its times like these that make me glad that I reload. I just got done rolling a few thousand rounds of .223 up at less than 10 cents a round. That retail ammo is for other people, I'll stick with reloading.

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    keep in mind that dicks, gander and most other large retailers will price match. most will not match internet. must be same manufactuer and quantity. they will usually call to verify that it is in stock at that price. they tend to try to give themselves a lot of loopholes to avoid matching but usually if you find the right sales guy, you can get just about anything matched.If you play the game right you can usually get the deals available elsewhere without having to travel as much.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    they have the same in bloomington. MC sports is where it's at:rockwoot:

Think again sir. I was in there over the weekend and they have no PMC left and Andrew said THEIR price would be $9 a box and he doubted they'd get any more PMC.

I just bought some from Cosner's at $8 a box.

I need to start reloading this stuff...

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    just say no to those prices at dicks. all their ammo prices have skyrocketed, because they think they can get away with it. only thing reasonable is their shotgun shells.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Think again sir. I was in there over the weekend and they have no PMC left and Andrew said THEIR price would be $9 a box and he doubted they'd get any more PMC.

I just bought some from Cosner's at $8 a box.

I need to start reloading this stuff...

sorry it was more of a general statement(I bought the last 8 boxes of PMC they had), I don't care for dick's

maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    Dick's does have Ultramax for 64ish for 150 rounds in a value pack. Not a bad price if you don't want to wait for the postman. Defiantly cheaper on the net: Palmetto has a ton in stock and at good prices.

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    I don't like dick's sporting goods either. they bought out a good store(galyans) and turned it inot the walmart of sporting goods. that is why i always try to tell people how to get the best deals there possible. when they run there buy one get one half price ammo coupons, they are usually losing money. when i worked there (after they bought out galyans) i tried to always know where people could get a better product or find it cheaper. used to do alot of price matching

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom