• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    I had a Savage 10FP in .223 and liked it. What I didn't like about the Savage was the cheap plastic stock. At the time no one made a decent replacement. When cold, the gun was a 1" -.75" shooter. After a few shots, the stock (which was free floated) got warm and touched the barrel changing the POI. Also when slung up tight, the Savage stock would flex and touch the barrel. I also felt that the bolt was loose and sloppy compared to a surplus Mauser and a Ruger 77 in 30.06 I had at the time.

I sold off the Savage and found a used Remington 700 PSS with the HS Precision stock. It is everything I ever wanted. It shoots better groups than the Savage and the stock fits the gun and me better. The action is also smooth as silk and the trigger is much better . NOTE: My Savage was pre-Accutrigger.

Six months after I sold the Savage, both HS Precison and Choate came out with replacement stocks that I like and would have put on the Savage. But for the money for the Savage and the added expense of the better stocks, one could buy a new Remington 700 PSS

Top Bottom