• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I just bought a Rem 700 sps varmint in .223. Very happy with it, very acurate. The Dicks on Coliseum has them on clearance for $489.00.

2000fxstb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    check out the Savage a tack driver for the price or you should check out the CZ also a tack driver a little more $ than a Rem 700 but a lot better gun

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Get the Remington 700. Tons of available upgrades. Buy a bare bones SPS and if and when you get the time, interest and cash, upgrade the stock and what ever else tickles your fancy.

Savages- Very good barrels. Personally I could never get warmed up to their actions and that Glock looking trigger. But they do shoot.

imprimis5

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Plainfield, IN
    I'm going to second (or third, or fourth, etc.) the Remington 700 SPS Varmint. If I had the money, I would have bought my dad's myself, instead of selling it on here.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i just picked up a tc venture in 243. i think it comes in 223. rifle feels great and has adjustable trigger. sub moa garentee and cost 460 to my door before the 25 dollar mail in rebate. i just got it yesterday and haven't shot it yet but am hoping to soon

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    Remington 700 LTR is my fave. Picked one up a few years ago and wouldn't trade it for anything.

If you're on a budget I had a Stevens model 200 pass through my hands that seemed like a very good value. Made by Savage and doesn't offer their Accu-Trigger, but still looked like an excellent truck gun to me for the money.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have never fired the Remington. I have fingered the heck outta one though. I was at a crossroads between the Remington and Savage. The Savage was IMO better built, and smoother. Oh and much cheaper. My Savage is Boooooring though.... shooting the same hole over and over. It does save paper though. I could have bought either, without shooting either, and came out with the Savage. I could be wrong, but I love mine and I saved some $$. :twocents:

ryanrw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There are many that are worthy. Several have been mentioned. I have owned and would recommend Savage, Remington 700, Tikka, and I've personally had good luck with Ruger. CZ's are sweeties, but rather expensive. I would also never shy away from any of the above in used condition.

Howa and Weatherby (same maker) also shoot very well and are generally fairly inexpensive.

Top Bottom