• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Looking to buy a .22 target pistol for weekend fun. Have started to look aroung but dont know much about the .22 stuff. Ive got a budget of around $500 and would like to get the best bang for my buck. Any advise would be greatly apreciated. I would go new or used just really dont know whats out there. Thanks in advance:)

If you want to drive about an hour or so west, I"ll put some .22 target guns in your hands, and YOU can decide what's best for you. I shoot regularly with a few folks, and between us, we have a fair selection of .22 target pistols from which to choose.
    Buckmarks
    Rugers
    S&W model 41
    S&W model 617
    Buckmark Silhouette
    Ruger 10" barrel

...plus what the other guys have...

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I love my MKIII 22/45, with a cheap walmart red dot.

I haven't shot a lot of other 22's. A Sig mosquito and a Walther p22. I prefer my ruger to either of those...but I would sure like to get a Buckmark someday to compare.

hoosierbulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Looking to buy a .22 target pistol for weekend fun. Have started to look aroung but dont know much about the .22 stuff. Ive got a budget of around $500 and would like to get the best bang for my buck. Any advise would be greatly apreciated. I would go new or used just really dont know whats out there. Thanks in advance:)
    Have any of you seen this? This was reviewed and posted on another thread yesterday. It's a M&P 22. I like the fact that the frame is similar to that of a 9mm or whatever you might carry. Just my opinion. Don't you think that the practice weapon should be as similar as possible to the carry weapon? Maybe I'm way off base? Other opinions?

Product: Smith & Wesson Model M&P22

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    I have a S&W Model 41 and love it. I realize that it is a bit out of your price range but like JAY said he has a few for you to handle. Sometimes it's best to save a little longer and get the one you really want.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    My favorite is the benelli MP90 WC, but you can only use standard velocity ammo in it.

275px-MP_90_S_World_Cup_22_gauge.jpg

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I bought a Breretta Neos, not what I was looking for. I stopped at Goose Mountain for some fishing stuff. They had the 6" Neos on sale for $249.00. This is a $300.00+ gun so I thought what the heck. Turns out it's a fantastic little gun. I've shot over 1000 rounds thru it with no FTF, FTE. I know it's kind of George Jetson looking but it's fun to shoot, accurate and easy to disassemble to clean.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    A revolver will allow you to shoot CCI Quiet-22 ammo. Accurate, cheap, readily available (got some at Wal-Mart last week) and you don't need ear plugs or have to worry much about bothering people near by.
    From what I've read most semi-autos will not feed this ammo reliably.

Edit - Just tried a few rounds single shot in my Ruger mark 3 , I would still want ear plugs.

Last edited:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Another thing to consider - do you want a .22 that helps improve your skill with your carry gun? Then maybe the choice is to go with a revolver or P22 or 1911, depending on what other guns you own & use.

Top Bottom