.22 Prices- $10 a brick? Warning- Graphic sticker shock!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    indiana
    I put away 100k+ rounds at $9.97 in '07'08 because I saw the writing on the wall.

I'm down to less than 10k rounds. The rest was sold on gunbroker for $50-75/box... I wouldn't dare sell it here because I would have been called a gouger and mocked... so I sold it to others that were appreciative of me opening up my personal ammo stash to the market...
    Damn! Nice profit

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I've been buying as much .22 as I can find here lately. I've bought 2,000rounds just this week but I for one pass it on to my friends for what I pay for it. After watching people in suits walk in stores and buy it for no reason and hearing them say how much they are going to make off it I help out my friends who just want to shoot instead of trying to make a quick buck off people just wanting to enjoy are hobby.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've been buying as much .22 as I can find here lately. I've bought 2,000rounds just this week but I for one pass it on to my friends for what I pay for it. After watching people in suits walk in stores and buy it for no reason and hearing them say how much they are going to make off it I help out my friends who just want to shoot instead of trying to make a quick buck off people just wanting to enjoy are hobby.

Just fyi, if that is directed at me, I opened my stash up to my friends over a year ago. I told them they could have as much as they wanted for their own use (not for theirs friend's/buddy's/cousin's use) and they didn't owe me anything except a replacement whenever it's back on store shelves. A few took me up on that, many didn't so I started selling it. Most of my friends and family were smart enough to have a stock already and have weathered this shortage mostly in-tact. A few are new shooters and had nothing so they took me up on the offer.

Either way, I haven't bought a single round of .22 ammo since about '09/'10 so I'm not trying to make a quick buck off people. The profit is a counter to the risk I'm taking by liquidating my stash. It may pay off, it may not.

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Well if your the guy in the suit talking on the cell phone saying how much your going to make off people as stated then yes it was, if not then no.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    after seeing this thread, i went and looked. a buddy gave me some old 22 ammo his grandad had evidently many years ago. found a box of 50 PETERS SUPER X that had a $.69 price stamp on it. not shooting any of them for keeping to pass down to younger family members.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I ran across some 5.56 FGGM ,I don't know when I bought it but its marked 10.50 a box.
    wish
    I had a bunch of it,only have 3 1/2 boxes left

Top Bottom