.22 Prices- $10 a brick? Warning- Graphic sticker shock!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    From the bottom of my safe...think I bought this one in 88 or 89.

Those of you who are old enough to remember these prices. Seems like I would buy a couple if the the price was around $10-12 bucks.

Back in the day...pick up a brick or 2... $10 ..... Wife would say, "More ammo?" :cool:

pic1.JPGpic2JPG.JPGpic3.JPG

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    1989?

I've still got 550 fed 22lr bricks I bought in 2007 from Wally World marked 9.97 then 11.97 then 15.97 and I quit buying.....

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    I can offer a third to this except I started at $7.97 and quit at 13.97[/QUOTE

OP here- $9.97 may have been full retail in 88-89 at Target.

Just wanted to share a picture of .22 ammo at $10 a brick/500 rounds...

....geez, this is a tough crowd! :tinfoil:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    From the bottom of my safe...think I bought this one in 88 or 89.

Those of you who are old enough to remember these prices. Seems like I would buy a couple if the the price was around $10-12 bucks.

Back in the day...pick up a brick or 2... $10 ..... Wife would say, "More ammo?" :cool:

View attachment 26847View attachment 26848View attachment 26849

Ah the good old days. Long gone and never to return. It is pretty bad nowadays when you see .22 going for the same price as 9mm.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    May not be much to it, but I have a couple friends inside the industry and the rumblings are the industry has had their fill of the cleaning out the stores and reselling on the Internet crap and are gearing up to flood the market with .22 ammo. Makes sense if you think about. They are getting the blame for a lot of this, blame not deserved, and it's hurting them too. They know that almost all shooters start out on .22s and it does their industry no good to have potential life long customers left out in the cold. Might be interesting to watch this one if it comes to be.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    May not be much to it, but I have a couple friends inside the industry and the rumblings are the industry has had their fill of the cleaning out the stores and reselling on the Internet crap and are gearing up to flood the market with .22 ammo. Makes sense if you think about. They are getting the blame for a lot of this, blame not deserved, and it's hurting them too. They know that almost all shooters start out on .22s and it does their industry no good to have potential life long customers left out in the cold. Might be interesting to watch this one if it comes to be.

I hope this is true!

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    A couple friends of mine started stocking up on .22 from Walmart in probably 06 and 07 when it was $9.97. I bought a few boxes here and there but not to the extent I should have (One of many times I should have taken advise). I really got serious when they bumped the price to $13.97 and picked up some whenever I had the chance. Those stockpiled boxes are starting to run out now, AND IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    A couple friends of mine started stocking up on .22 from Walmart in probably 06 and 07 when it was $9.97. I bought a few boxes here and there but not to the extent I should have (One of many times I should have taken advise). I really got serious when they bumped the price to $13.97 and picked up some whenever I had the chance. Those stockpiled boxes are starting to run out now, AND IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
    I put away 100k+ rounds at $9.97 in '07'08 because I saw the writing on the wall.

I'm down to less than 10k rounds. The rest was sold on gunbroker for $50-75/box... I wouldn't dare sell it here because I would have been called a gouger and mocked... so I sold it to others that were appreciative of me opening up my personal ammo stash to the market...

Top Bottom