• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    The GSG and the Ruger are the only two I see making any sense at all and between those it is about what YOU want to do with it.

The advantages the way I see it is the GSG...
    slides right in the the holster you pull your 1911 out of.
    Until you pull the trigger you won't know the difference, IT IS a 1911.
    Down side = spare mags are pricey.
    It IS a 1911 and comes with "1911" sights.

Ruger advantage
    It's a Ruger,
    plenty of mags available
    adjustable sights

Downside
    I'm not sure about the holster situation with those
    It's not a direct replacement training and disassembly drill for a 1911.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm a huge fan of the Buckmark. It has the feel and weight of a full size pistol. Not to mention it's a tack driver. I have seen Ruger's fail feeding bulk ammo on more than one occasion at the range. I also have a Walther P22 that has been flawless. It's a little smaller, but it lets me practice transitioning from DA/SA.

Last edited:

Muntz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    I had the same issue and purchased the Ruger Mark III with the fiber optic front sight. It is an incredibly accurate gun and easy to shoot. Improved my accuracy with my larger caliber pitstols. It costs a little more but man it is a sweet gun.

Rugarlover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    La Porte
    I love my Mark III competition model with the slab side 6.88" barrel. I can drive tacks with it at 25 yds. At 50 yds I'll commonly get tight groups about 2". Don't let the breakdown stories bother you.... once you get the hang of it It's really no problem. I suggest that you run only copper jacket ammo through it. The bore doesn't like waxy lead ammo like some Remington rounds I've used. I like CCI Mini Mags with the round nose. Federal copper jackets work well too and are a little cheaper.

schoolmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Since I prefer the grip angle of the 22/45 that was my choice. Mine is stainless and synthetic and is practically foolproff. Accuracy is excellent and it makes a good target/small game hunting gun.

IndianaBuckeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    I'll always recommend a good Ruger. They are rugged powerhouses. I have only had a few miss-feeds and they were all the same day..... Had a group shoot and my pistol was used for a few of the events. It had hundreds of rounds of cheap ammo through it. I lubed her several times, but the Remoil kept baking off...... even after the couple of stovepipes.... it was still one of the best performing guns that day.

Top Bottom