• ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Quick video Cary and I made... We were having the usual rimfire hassles, and to top it off, the barrel nut came out with my suppressor just after this was recorded... Grrr... Still thought you guys might like to see it, anyhow.

[video=youtube_share;GtFb8AtW18g]http://youtu.be/GtFb8AtW18g[/video]

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Suppressed 22 is always a good time! It's too bad the video doesn't do it more justice. A 22 pistol is very loud for someone who thinks "oh it's just a 22" it is in no way similar to a 22 rifle. I never shot 22 pistols really until I had a can though and never thought about it. It makes you appreciate what they will do though!

I thought it was funny where you said it was time to clean them, that they'd had several hundred rounds a piece through them though. I just broke mine down and cleaned it out last Tuesday after 4k rounds suppressed so far this year granted a would spray it with lube in that time frame. But there was lead on everything thing though like under the optic and all in the upper half. I used some of the dentist tools I guess you could say for scraping teeth and was pulling lead out of the bold assembly and everything! I think next time I'm going to dump it in the ultrasonic and let it do the work. Everything else on the lower half was just filthy but without so much lead but not too bad considering the round count I thought. I had two failure to ejects on the last range trip and finally broke down and gave it a good cleaning.

I like the mask though, I remember when you were saying you purchased it. Are you super happy with it?

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Yes, it's a great can. You're right--the video doesn't do it justice. It takes really good equipment to capture what is heard when shooting suppressed.

I don't really get it, the first time we took the bronze Mark IV out we had zero issues. Today both guns were acting up a bit, and they weren't really that dirty. Looks like the black one is headed back to Arizona to get the barrel nut reinstalled.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Suppressed 22 is always a good time! It's too bad the video doesn't do it more justice. A 22 pistol is very loud for someone who thinks "oh it's just a 22" it is in no way similar to a 22 rifle.

This was surprising to me as well. A 24" rifle is practically hearing safe. A pistol? Not even close.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Thanks for sharing. I shoot a lot of .22lr suppressed. Check out my videos.

Here's a comparison one I made:

[video=youtube_share;99YGStrIaXg]http://youtu.be/99YGStrIaXg[/video]

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I don't have a pistol host yet, but I shot my suppressed 10/22 over the weekend. Seems like any brand of ammo 'advertised' as over 1100 fps goes supersonic out of my 16" barrel. And it does make a difference! When the ammo stays sub-sonic, all you can hear is the bolt clack and the round hitting the target. SWEET!

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    It sure is fun hearing the action work and the impact of the bullet rather than everything being drowned out by the explosion of the powder.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I have a suppressed 22 pistol for the pure reason of shooting critters in my back yard. Got a mole a few months ago. It's actually quieter than than my pellet rifle.

Top Bottom