• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I prefer a Browning Buck Mark, but you cant go wrong with any of the Rugers. The Smiths are nice but not as nice as Browning.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    HeH HEE I used to have a jennings 22 ,Bought it out of impulse because it was my moms maiden name.thanks for everyones opinions ,Ruger mkIII,browning & S&W 22A are my top choices but who has them in stock??

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    HeH HEE I used to have a jennings 22 ,Bought it out of impulse because it was my moms maiden name.thanks for everyones opinions ,Ruger mkIII,browning & S&W 22A are my top choices but who has them in stock??
    my fiance's jennings actually works great once we got new magazines for it.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    WALTHER P22

WALTHER%20P22.jpg

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru

Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka had all of them in stock Saturday.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Can't go wrong with a Ruger or Buckmark.

I have the MKIII hunter and a buckmark pro. I have shot the snot out of both and they keep on going. I can shoot a bilk pack out of them without issue and when I am done I just bore snake them and a quick Q-tip cleaning. Both are very accurate. I can hit pop cans and tennis balls at 50 yards with no issues.

The Ruger takes some time to strip and put back together, however after the first time it isnt bad. The buck mark is very easy to clean.

I have shot a few SIG mosquitos. All of them have had poor triggers and the accuracy was not all that great.

The S&W 21A is a very nice gun. I have shot one a time or two and they are accurate and easy to clean as well. There is a guy who shoots a bulk pack each time he comes to the range. I don't think he has had any gun issues.

The P22 everyone love them, I shot a loaner one from a NRA class. It was alright, A good paper puncher but no pop can killer at 50 yards.

Now I wouls also look at the SIG P220. It is a full sized pistol that you can also get a replacement 45acp upper to fit from SIG. There is also a guy who shoots at the range that has one. I have to say it is very nice as well. Much better than the Misquito.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Great choice on a .22 my .22s get more use than any of my other guns because they are so cheap to shoot! I have a Walther P22 and I love it. No problems with it at all and couldnt even guess how many rounds through it. The Rugers are also very nice. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

1943Izzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Liberty
    I like both the Rugers and the Buckmark , but a good older model High Standard Citation would be a step up from both of those . It is also a little more money.

Artguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Seymour
    I have a Sig Mosquito with Sig red dot sight and love it. Have around 600 down the pipe with no problems except when using bulk ammo. Works flawless with CCI Mini-Mags.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I am sorry, but unless someone gave it to me, I wouldn't own a 22 pistol. My purpose for a pistol is self protection and home defense. I target practice with my Glock 26, and to a much lesser extent, my Beretta 92fs Compact. A 22 would certainly be better than nothing, but for me they have no draw. A friend has a 22 rifle with a scope on it. A few months ago we were out in the country and we had a target set up at 50 yards. I shot about 10 shots and was already bored. I stood up, and fired four times at the target with my Beretta and hit with 3 rounds. I guess I have never seen the draw of a 22 pistol. A friend of mine has a 9 shot 22 revolver, and I have shot it once. I know that ammo is so much cheaper than my 9mm or .38/357 I use for that Taurus 605. To each his own I guess. Maybe that is what makes this sport great...that and destroying things with high velocity projectiles.

Chippp1961

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Do you have any CF guns that there are conversions for?
    My 2 favorite 22s right now are a Glock 19 with an Advantage Conversion (Hard to find) and a Gold Cup with a Tactical Solution's kit (A little Pricey)
    They are a ball to shoot and the Tac Sol is a tack driver.

Top Bottom