• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Remington1100

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Franklin
    Hello, I am looking for a bolt action .22lr and i figured i would post this here to get some input as to what you guys think a good bolt action .22 is. I have been thinking about getting a Marlin 925, because i love my model 60, but i just want to see what else is out there. I am not looking to spend a but load of money i just want an accurate .22 thats not really expensive.

Remington1100

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Franklin
    well i love my Model 60 and wouldn't trade it for anything, one of the most fun guns to shoot, and mine is so accurate and always has been that i embarass my buddy and his 10/22 every time we go out shooting

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a 925R. I bought the package deal. Came with a 3x9x32 scope, paid $218 for it last year. It is a very accurate gun. I can lay a 20 ounce bottle horizontol to the ground, and with one shot shoot through the cap at 50 yards with it. I also orderd a Savage MKII, with bull barrel. It was $245 with no scope. Just cant not wait to get it, and get her sighted in.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

:+1: It was with my Savage Mk II that I shot Rifleman for the first time. It's a little harder to do than with a semiauto because you have to break your position between shots, however that makes it so much sweeter to know I didn't take the easy way out. (and yes, it was very frustrating at the time to shoot 204... 207... and yet have that 210+ dangling juuuuuuust out of reach.)

I think it makes me appreciate it that much more. :dunno:

I bought mine at Dick's Sporting Goods... Note that when entering the web address, while one does not need to enter "cabelassportinggoods.com" or "gandermountainsportinggoods.com" for either of those, it is not advisable to shorten the name to look up their site.

633495987683532308-what-has-been-seen.jpg

Blessings,
    Bill

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Marlin 981T

Have a look at the Marlin 981T. It is one of the very few .22 rifles that is capable of shooting S,L,and LR. The crappy thing is that they only come with a synthetic stock but that is fixable too. I couldn't find anyone that carried a replacement stock so I called Marlin. A brown laminate stock with a Marlin buttpad was only $90 to my door. Makes for a much better looking gun.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Or you can look at the CZ 452 rifles... New, they're higher than you want to spend. But you CAN find them on the used market.

I HIGHLY recommend a CZ.

-J-

Remington1100

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Franklin
    well i have called two different places already and can't find a Marlin 981T, but im not gonna give up because i really want to look at one because i think i might like it, except for the synthetic stock

Top Bottom