• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I truly don’t understand why conservative candidates continue to agree to debates moderated by these propagandists or corporate media.

While I can see a lot of potential problems with this, if you could work out the kinks, I’d like to see a debate where the questions are asked directly by voting citizens. Pick via a random selection of people who have signed up, 10-15 or so “average joes” - split fairly between all parties and some undecided voters. Have a live audience, also evenly split, that are voting in real time if the candidate has actually answered the question or not, and granting time to respond and such, just as moderators do.

While i realize it’s a whole lot easier to have moderators and pulling this off would be hard, we can do better than these partisan clown shows. My point is get these corporate media hacks out of it all together. Let the people talk to the candidates and press them on the issues that matter to them.

Just an off the cuff idea.
    They have to do what JD did and come in prepared for the 1v3. JD should have invited them to the stage and to get a podium if they wanted to debate. It’s not a secret that the press is against you. You have to manage it. Watch the way JD took down the fact checks and was unphased by partisan loaded questions. Watch DeSantis take on reporters who attack him. Watch Tom Cotton take on left wing journos. The problem is Trump doesn’t have a grasp on the issues enough to do any of this.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I did not watch the debate. I did look up some of the condensed summaries (tried to catch both sides).

My assessment based on the summaries was a solid Vance win, with a number of very avoidable self inflicted wounds by Walz.

I was surprised to discover last night that SWMBO'd had the exact opposite take. When I questioned, it seemed to be more about the "feelz" and Vance being aggressive that caused her to give Walz the win.

The 19th Amendment may have been a mistake...

WE. ARE. DOOMED.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I did not watch the debate. I did look up some of the condensed summaries (tried to catch both sides).

My assessment based on the summaries was a solid Vance win, with a number of very avoidable self inflicted wounds by Walz.

I was surprised to discover last night that SWMBO'd had the exact opposite take. When I questioned, it seemed to be more about the "feelz" and Vance being aggressive that caused her to give Walz the win.

The 19th Amendment may have been a mistake...

WE. ARE. DOOMED.
    No one was aggressive. Vance clearly won, I'm biased. Both got their positions out

Top Bottom