• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    Sadly I've got nothing but blood all over and no body. Thinking he either fell into his hole or crawled into it so I know he's dead but won't count it as kill.

Trying my son's new toy (mine until he comes home from Japan ). An Aero Precision AR10 that shoots really good. I was 30 yards away so I probably hit the groundhog a little low.
    .308 at 30 yards...I'm not surprised there isn't anything left to claim! You were breathing him in when you went to check because you vaporized him!!

Or the scope is way off because you're missing that front left ring screw.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    .308 at 30 yards...I'm not surprised there isn't anything left to claim! You were breathing him in when you went to check because you vaporized him!!

Or the scope is way off because you're missing that front left ring screw.

When my son bought the gun and scope he knew about the missing mount screw. I checked zero with my bore sight and it was 2½ low at 100 yards. Made an adjustment and moved to ½" over bullseye and he finished the box of ammo and it never moved.

I'm sure I shot low because of the range. I want to shoot the rifle a lot before deer season and a possible feral hog hunt over Thanksgiving weekend.

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    When my son bought the gun and scope he knew about the missing mount screw. I checked zero with my bore sight and it was 2½ low at 100 yards. Made an adjustment and moved to ½" over bullseye and he finished the box of ammo and it never moved.

I'm sure I shot low because of the range. I want to shoot the rifle a lot before deer season and a possible feral hog hunt over Thanksgiving weekend.
    LOL. I was just giving you a hard time about the scope ring! My comment about you reducing that g-hog to molecules stands!

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    There's a guy on youtube that has posted several videos of him hunting groundhogs with 300 win mag.

I wish it wouldn't have rolled into the den. I wanted to see if it still did the leg kicking. No matter how well placed my shot is with 22lr...they still kick like they are running back to the woods. I usually put a follow up shot to be humane.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I wish it wouldn't have rolled into the den. I wanted to see if it still did the leg kicking. No matter how well placed my shot is with 22lr...they still kick like they are running back to the woods. I usually put a follow up shot to be humane.
    I think if you sever the spine it doesn't do that but I have no proof.

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    I think if you sever the spine it doesn't do that but I have no proof.
    Or use a .30 cal or bigger and just make the head disappear!

I shot one and it dropped straight down, no movement for 20 seconds. I thought what a great shot! It was right before dinner. After dinner I went out to get him off the grass 20 minutes later...gone. I think he was playing possum. There was blood so I hit him. They always get atleast 2 now.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Had one in the yard this morning. I wish I could shoot! But I think he just passes through. Haven't seen any evidence that he's living here. Only the second time I've seen him and he's the first one I've ever seen, and I grew up here!

Top Bottom