• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Lifetime member so I'll take advantage of what is basically like the shot show but way more local.

I do not contribute to the general NRA. NRA ILA gets my donations. They actually show up to hearings here in Indiana to support our rights.

I am a member of the 2A project as well.

I throw a donation or 2 GOAs and FPCs way when I can too.
    Yep, NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF.
    Those are the two arms of the NRA that get things done.
    Also a life member of the 2nd amendment foundation.
    No one says you can't belong to more than one organization.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm no longer an NRA member, GOA got my money.

tacos-de.gif
    If I ever meet a GOA rep at the state house? I’ll be sure and introduce myself.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    For those, eligible to vote, NRA members who moan and groan about the NRA (especially Wayne) and live close by, this is your opportunity to voice your grievances. For those local folks who support the NRA, with all its faults, this is an opportunity to volunteer. As a volunteer, you get to meet a lot of neat people, even those well-known in the shooting world. For the rest of us, it is a chance to be around like minded folks and see a lot of neat stuff. One thing I have always liked is, although the crowd is huge, people seemed extremely polite to one another.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Actually, last year during the CC debate one showed up.

His boorish behavior got him thrown out.
    Good. I swear they are carpetbaggers that will do anything to LOOK like they are helping, but instead want the fight to go on as long as possible to collect as much cash from members as possible. Every time they get involved in an otherwise positive moving bill, they get their rep to throw poison pills in, causing the bill to fail.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Good. I swear they are carpetbaggers that will do anything to LOOK like they are helping, but instead want the fight to go on as long as possible to collect as much cash from members as possible. Every time they get involved in an otherwise positive moving bill, they get their rep to throw poison pills in, causing the bill to fail.
    As I recall, he wasn’t wrong with what he was saying, he was wrong with how he said it. Being a jerk, getting personal with the committee, etc. It was a cringe moment for all of the supporters there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As I recall, he wasn’t wrong with what he was saying, he was wrong with how he said it. Being a jerk, getting personal with the committee, etc. It was a cringe moment for all of the supporters there.
    I’m not talking about what got him kicked out. I’m talking about the amendment he coaxed a member to submit. I don’t remember the specifics, but It was so deep into the 2A absolutist shall not be infringed territory that it alienated even Republicans who otherwise were for the bill.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Has NRA claimed victory over the Bump Stock ban, yet?
    You're just a one-trick pony aren't you? Go into the Colts thread and bash the Colts. Go into the NRA thread and bash the NRA... it grows tiresome. Why don't you find something you like (if you like anything) and go contribute something positive there. :rolleyes:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Has NRA claimed victory over the Bump Stock ban, yet?
    Constitutional Carry in Indiana, Bruen, McDonald, Heller.

As my counterpart said up thread a ways, you may want to find one of the NRA hating threads.

With that stated, I look forward to April. Last year in Houston we met Jay Printz (Printz v US 97). If you see him, maybe you could ask him why the NRA doesn’t do anything.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom