• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Look at the diverse group that could support Mitch. Me. You. Alpo. 1911ly. I think even MrJ has said he liked Daniels. And that underscores a problem with our system. I don't believe Daniels would have made it through the primary. Having witnessed the primary, I'm pretty sure he is confident he made the right decision.

See, I think Daniels would rule the primary. Kasich's above-the-fray approach, Christie's focus on results (regardless whether good or bad), Huckabee's conservative-but-not-angry-about-it personality.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See, I think Daniels would rule the primary. Kasich's above-the-fray approach, Christie's focus on results (regardless whether good or bad), Huckabee's conservative-but-not-angry-about-it personality.

Yeah. But he's not a middle finger.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The selection process needs to be overhauled. There is no real justification for debates with 10 to 20 candidates. That is not "democracy in action" when all states don't vote on the same day. Whittle it down. Get rid of the man at the top: Preibus. There are good candidates out there, but I can't say that any of the yahoos that showed up at the debates this year were what I would consider "good".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ditto. It's the first time I've ever been impressed by him. If he were at the top of the ticket, I could probably vote for him.

That seems to be the only way the Dems can spin what happened last night. Their boy got trounced. The only points Pence really lost on were points Kaine made about Trump which were true. Pence either had to deflect or admit his boss is a douchebag. He deflected pretty well, but Pence made it pretty obvious that he is the only statesman in that duo.

I do think Pence helped Trump overall. It may have given people more confidence in a Trump presidency. It did that for me. Not that I'm ready to pull the lever for Trump, but I'm at least slightly less concerned about a Trump presidency than I was before. And hell, maybe the best way out of this conundrum America has created is to vote for Trump, and then immediately demand Trump's impeachment.

Anyway, most of America won't know Kaine got his ass handed to him. Flipping through the local news, except for the local Fox affiliate, the only clips that were shown from the debate were Kaine listing all the stupid things Trump has said. They didn't show anything from Pence, probably because he didn't make any gaffs.

I don't think Kaine got trounced. Not at all. He did exactly what he needed to do, which was a hatchet job on Trump. VP candidates aren't there to sell themselves, they're there to sell their bosses. Kaine, was too aggressive but he knew his stuff. His aggressiveness and straight up being a ****, is why Pence came out looking better.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I don't think Kaine got trounced. Not at all. He did exactly what he needed to do, which was a hatchet job on Trump. VP candidates aren't there to sell themselves, they're there to sell their bosses. Kaine, was too aggressive but he knew his stuff. His aggressiveness and straight up being a ****, is why Pence came out looking better.
    Even many in the liberal media are saying Kaine's performance was horrible. Not sure what your definition of "trounced" is but Kaine was the clear loser. As my sons said - Kaine is just a male version of Hillary - shrill and obnoxious. If you don't like Hillary you won't like Kaine. Whereas Trump is rude and obnoxious but he was wise enough to pick the exact opposite of his personality in Pence. So a fence rider might go for the Trump / Pence ticket based on the civility of Pence.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    06J0Ds.png
    I told my wife I think he looks like the grandpa from the Munsters.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Matt and Savannah just had Pence on the Today Show. They were both falling all over each other trying to re prosecute the substance of all Kane's accusations. He did a good job (again) handling the DNC talking points.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Plus, and I personally find this dynamic very interesting, as noted upthread, Kaine was doing what VPs usually do. My Dem friends have been talking about Kaine for years, so I was passingly familiar with him before he got the VP draw. That "debate" wasn't his natural style. He can do it, clearly, when he has to.

But again, he played the VP debate to the norm. Pence, recognizing this is not the normal cycle, played it more straight. More presidential. And it worked.

It all reinforces the broader point that HRC will be the normal, traditional administration. Which is good or bad this cycle, depending on what voters want.

Either way, it was a solid victory for Pence, both this year and into the future.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Plus, and I personally find this dynamic very interesting, as noted upthread, Kaine was doing what VPs usually do. My Dem friends have been talking about Kaine for years, so I was passingly familiar with him before he got the VP draw. That "debate" wasn't his natural style. He can do it, clearly, when he has to.

But again, he played the VP debate to the norm. Pence, recognizing this is not the normal cycle, played it more straight. More presidential. And it worked.

It all reinforces the broader point that HRC will be the normal, traditional administration. Which is good or bad this cycle, depending on what voters want.

Either way, it was a solid victory for Pence, both this year and into the future.

I'll agree that it was more of an individual victory. But it was also at least some reassurance for #neverhillary voters who are very nervous about Trump. For example, I'm at least open to considering the strategy of voting for Trump and hope like hell he's impeached the moment the inauguration is over.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll agree that it was more of an individual victory. But it was also at least some reassurance for #neverhillary voters who are very nervous about Trump. For example, I'm at least open to considering the strategy of voting for Trump and hope like hell he's impeached the moment the inauguration is over.
    I agree with that.

It served as a reminder that there would at least be a grownup in the room with Trump, even if he was ignored.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree with that.

It served as a reminder that there would at least be a grownup in the room with Trump, even if he was ignored.

Hopefully he doesn't make Pence stand in the corner like he made the fat ass pussbag do.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

that would be awesome!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't know how accurate this info is. I pulled it from WaPo comments:

Clinton 79.6%
    Trump 20.4%

The Upshot
    Clinton 82%
    Trump 18%

Huff Post
    Clinton 84.1 %
    Trump 15.7%

Predictwise
    Clinton 81%
    Trump 19%

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump just appeared with Bill's alleged victims, and Willey, Broaddrick, Jones and Shelton will be in the debate audience tonight.

Think this will matter at all? Go after Hillary for the crimes of her Husband? Who will this appeal to? I think it's a very, very small group that cares.

Also doesn't help that Trump called these women ugly, unattractive, and a terrible group of people (back when he was defending the Clintons)

And you can bet Clinton is going to have a perfect counter to this.

Top Bottom