• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    I would agree on this. The RM or MD can make the clarrification.

It depends on what the WSB says . I would guess you will have to perform a mag change between arrays for make ups, but that's just me:dunno:

I feel like I should know this, but on stage 9 it's ok to go back to the first array you shot at if you need to make up a shot right?

Per Rule 1.2.2.3

1.2.2.3 Speed Shoot-Courses of fire consisting of one continuous string of fire not exceeding 16 rounds shot on one or more arrays of multiple targets from a single location or view. The written stage briefing may specify engaging arrays of targets without violating rule (1.1.5), as long as the competitor is allowed to engage said arrays in any order, and individual target engagement is not specified. No more than eight rounds may be required without a mandatory reload and no more than one mandatory reload may be required in the course of fire. Weak/Strong hand may be stipulated after the reload is complete. Stage may be scored either Comstock or Virginia Count. See Rule 9.2.3.2.

Based on how the rule reads, we can't require more than 1 reload for a speed shoot, so we can't make it say you must reload to re-engage misses.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    :rockwoot:

Per Rule 1.2.2.3

1.2.2.3 Speed Shoot-Courses of fire consisting of one continuous string of fire not exceeding 16 rounds shot on one or more arrays of multiple targets from a single location or view. The written stage briefing may specify engaging arrays of targets without violating rule (1.1.5), as long as the competitor is allowed to engage said arrays in any order, and individual target engagement is not specified. No more than eight rounds may be required without a mandatory reload and no more than one mandatory reload may be required in the course of fire. Weak/Strong hand may be stipulated after the reload is complete. Stage may be scored either Comstock or Virginia Count. See Rule 9.2.3.2.

Based on how the rule reads, we can't require more than 1 reload for a speed shoot, so we can't make it say you must reload to re-engage misses.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Per Rule 1.2.2.3

or....
    you could read that rule to say there is only one "mandatory" reload in the stage. Everyone is required to do that reload to complete the stage. If you screw the pooch and put yourself in a position you have to do more reloads to comply w/ the WSB, that's on you. Only one is "mandatory" by the WSB, the others are, well, "optional" based on how the shooter decides to shoot the stage.

This is a pretty standard interpretation, depending on WSB wording.

-rvb

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    or....
    you could read that rule to say there is only one "mandatory" reload in the stage. Everyone is required to do that reload to complete the stage. If you screw the pooch and put yourself in a position you have to do more reloads to comply w/ the WSB, that's on you. Only one is "mandatory" by the WSB, the others are, well, "optional" based on how the shooter decides to shoot the stage.

This is a pretty standard interpretation, depending on WSB wording.

-rvb

I take it that you've seen me shoot speed shoots before... there are always "optional" reloads built in to my stage plans.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    To clarify what I said. They did say at The SS nationals on a speed shoot that you had to do a reload to re engage the other array. So why cant we do it if they did it? Just saying

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Stage 9 WSB might need to be clarified.
    When a mandatory reload is required between arrays you have to reload(again) to reengage targets in a previously shot array.
    Hint: Do the math and I believe you will find that skipping the reload to go back to a previously shot array will be just about a wash ie: Procedural vs reload time. As long as you only fire 1 makeup shot.

Start position on 9 needs to be clarified for the idiots that shoot Revolver. Start with a unloaded gun or just remove 1 from the clip and place under the hammer(which will not do anything when the buzzer goes off)?

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Stage 9 WSB might need to be clarified.
    When a mandatory reload is required between arrays you have to reload(again) to reengage targets in a previously shot array.
    Hint: Do the math and I believe you will find that skipping the reload to go back to a previously shot array will be just about a wash ie: Procedural vs reload time. As long as you only fire 1 makeup shot.

Start position on 9 needs to be clarified for the idiots that shoot Revolver. Start with a unloaded gun or just remove 1 from the clip and place under the hammer(which will not do anything when the buzzer goes off)?

But to be a good MD you have to be a "D" So I would say 1 per shot fired..:):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom