• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's "polling" people, not "trolling." ;)

I believe this perspective on the election is sufficiently specific to justify its own thread. But, of course, if a moderator disagrees, feel free to lump it in with the primary election thread. Wait. Not the "primary election" thread. The primaries are over.

Anyway, new polling from NC takes some of the shine away from Trump's success in OH and FL. Civitas has NC as a tie. That's 15 EC delegates Trump can't afford to lose.

It also illustrates the problems with winning a general election. Changing things up to get one area can jeopardize a different area.

Trump's schedule is more robust now: NH, DC (probably just to raise money), NY (same), FL, TX, and CO.

Pence in NY and FL.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    New IA poll has Trump +8. That's really good for him.

Alas, he's still -3 in VA.

BUT, it basically brings him within an IN of getting >270, if these results stand.

And, if he can get NV, then 269 is still an option.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Alas, he's still -3 in VA.

I'd have thought the Kaine veep pick (plus all those Federal workers) would at least get her out of the margin of error.

If Ohio is to be believed (and she's not just triaging my Buckeye state), that sure puts some pressure on FL for her.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'd have thought the Kaine veep pick (plus all those Federal workers) would at least get her out of the margin of error.

If Ohio is to be believed (and she's not just triaging my Buckeye state), that sure puts some pressure on FL for her.

She can afford to lose OH and FL and still be in good shape.

But, losing PA or VA (or WI for a host of reason) would probably shake the foundation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's "polling" people, not "trolling." ;)

I believe this perspective on the election is sufficiently specific to justify its own thread. But, of course, if a moderator disagrees, feel free to lump it in with the primary election thread. Wait. Not the "primary election" thread. The primaries are over.

Anyway, new polling from NC takes some of the shine away from Trump's success in OH and FL. Civitas has NC as a tie. That's 15 EC delegates Trump can't afford to lose.

It also illustrates the problems with winning a general election. Changing things up to get one area can jeopardize a different area.

Trump's schedule is more robust now: NH, DC (probably just to raise money), NY (same), FL, TX, and CO.

Pence in NY and FL.

I was hoping this would be a poll thread for INGO to vote on and discuss the Electoral College and how ****ty it is. Should have known it would be about your RCP analysis toy.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was hoping this would be a poll thread for INGO to vote on and discuss the Electoral College and how ****ty it is. Should have known it would be about your RCP analysis toy.

hahaha

I *totally* almost included a reference to ranked-voting windmills, but figured it would be too obscure. :D

But hey, I'm open to an assessment of whether the EC still makes sense. In a different thread. :D

We have now is what we will have in November.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Cleveland. Columbus. Cincinnati. Dayton. They won't be campaigning in Van Wert. They'll be preaching to a friendlier choir.

Wtf, no Oberlin, Athens, or my perennial favorite Yellow Springs - whose Antioch pedagogues gave America its first set of campus sexual conduct codes, in 1990, when Lena Dunham was still barely a sperm ("May I touch your breast? Having done that, may I now, furthermore, massage your clitoris?"). Surely you have not forgotten...nobody does "campus strange" like spoiled rich Buckeye children do "campus strange."

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wtf, no Oberlin, Athens, or my perennial favorite Yellow Springs - whose Antioch pedagogues gave America its first set of campus sexual conduct codes, in 1990, when Lena Dunham was still barely a sperm ("May I touch your breast? Having done that, may I now, furthermore, massage your clitoris?"). Surely you have not forgotten...nobody does "campus strange" like spoiled rich Buckeye children do "campus strange."
    Okay. Point taken.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Why the Whole Trump-Clinton Election Could Probably Just Be Held in Pennsylvania - NYTimes.com

It has been the state to put Hillary Clinton over 270 electoral votes, should she win all of the other more likely states for her. Conversely, it’s also the state that would put Trump over the hump, if he wins all of the states that are more likely for him.

Every day, I run 100,000 simulations of the election. I use the probability of each state going for Clinton or Trump, then I mix that with a correlation matrix that defines the relationships between the states. And every day since late July, Pennsylvania has been the state that most frequently is won by the candidate who wins the election. Currently, there are just 6 percent of scenarios where Clinton wins Pennsylvania but loses the election, and just 3 percent of scenarios where Clinton loses Pennsylvania and wins the election.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    It would be funny if state legislatures appointed Electors this time around. That would make for some must see TV!

At least we'd know there weren't any dead...well, physically at least...or illegals voting in the election.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Cincinnati, Toledo, Cleveland, Columbus.

what makes you think midwest values are in the major population centers?
    You are correct. Also, don't forget Dayton. I build in all 5 cities. Columbus is the least liberal of the 5. Dayton is the most liberal. If I told you the bid processes of Dayton, Cincinnati, & Toledo for public projects - it would make people's heads spin. All 3 have minority "pass throughs" where to meet the Minority % required you have to use a company from their city "lists". Many of these companies are not real subcontractors but politically attached people of color. They will tell you to use whatever subcontractor you normally would use but run that work under the minority "company" on the the city's list. That "company" does none of the work but charges anywhere from 15% to 30% upcharge for them allowing you to use their minority (MBE) status so that you meet the city's goals (i.e.: requirements). Keep in mind that these projects I am talking about are HUD type projects funded by tax dollars so this "pass through" system that Dayton, Toledo, & Cincinnati utilize is an abuse of tax dollars. Just because Ohio is in the midwest does not mean the major cities have midwestern values. These cities love the liberal Democrats and all the hand outs they bring with them.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Drudge claims Reuters is calling Trump as "catching" Clinton in the EC. The actual story has her ahead by at least 18 EC delegates. That's still losing. Winning FL is good, but can't be the only goal.

So, Drudge really seems to have fallen to propaganda level, which is disappointing.

And, Trump still has alot of work to do.

Top Bottom