• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Not entirely correct. Pres handed out numbers. No number, no access inside the barricade at the road. I wouldn't be surprised if people left and come back in the am.
    This is what I posted, soon after getting home, after the 6pm shuffle from across the street to the access road.

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Maddogmech...there were 14 folks lined up on Burton Lane up to our access road (Stop Sign) by 4pm New Year's eve (it was me who posted that info on our club website just so folks could know their chances for one of the 12 openings were nil from that point on). There is no way your son was 10th in line unless he was counting from the stop sign back. At 6 PM New Year's eve our President and another Board member allowed 12 vehicles onto the access road between the stop sign and our gate and gave them numbers 1-12 to keep them organized. This got them off Burton Lane and effectively defined the end of the line of folks who were going to get one of 12 memberships available. Our President and this other board member spent from 11 AM New Years Eve til 9 AM New Year's day keeping the peace and walking the line. They placed a barricade across our access road at 6 PM and periodically told folks still parked on Burton Lane that they might as well go home, there were no more spots to be had.

Though our Board, including myself, all follow INGO and I primarily share info here related to our club...we did NOT give any special treatment to INGO members...it was truly first come, first served. Full Stop.

Roger for the Board

exactly. I assumed you read my post yesterday when I arrived at 4, and thought it to be nice to post up and save anyone else the trouble of showing up.

I honestly forgot I ever registered here, until I tried to login and it worked..

edit: one point of confusion may be the number of vehicles ... There were many people doubled up in some of the vehicles. I was #14, but was the 10th vehicle sitting with people in it.

maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    IndianRog..... Still again were you taking memberships on the 31st or the 1st. There was no mention of giving tickets to people that were there on the 31st. In my post about my son being inline was he was 10th in line at 4 am New years Day as stated on the Club site. If tickets were to be givin out prior to the day of acceptance it should have been posted.

Warmpepsi My son was in his car by himself 10 th inline on the AM.

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    You must be missing the idea. There were 12 takers at 2pm on weds. Anybody else that showed up wasn't getting a membership.

also, to the best of my knowledge, nobody got to fill anything out til 8am. However there's no point in hanging around, knowing that the spots were already filled.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Thanks indianarog for making it impossible for any of us that had to actually go to work instead of hanging out at the club to even get a shot at a membership.

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Also, the only reason your son was in the same zip code as the club was due to the fact that they sent everyone else on their way. If not, you'd have the road closed and 100 cars out there. (I'd guess 75-100 people showed up for the auction)

BoilerMakerJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    Fishers
    Don't feel too bad for #13. If you're talking about the guy in the white SUV he tried to jump the whole line by driving down to the gate. Eventually he got booted out by the prez and he assumed his place in line like everyone else. If he'd come and gotten in line like everyone else he'd have been#12 instead of #13.

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Thanks indianarog for making it impossible for any of us that had to actually go to work instead of hanging out at the club to even get a shot at a membership.
    Wait? What? This "first cone, first served" has been going on for years. People wanted it more than you did and took the day off, or didn't work.

you can't blame the club for trying to keep everyone in the loop with the number of spots open, etc.

I know 2 guys spent 24 hrs in a single cab ford ranger... Sorry they didn't let you pull in front of them at the last minute.

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Don't feel too bad for #13. If you're talking about the guy in the white SUV he tried to jump the whole line by driving down to the gate. Eventually he got booted out by the prez and he assumed his place in line like everyone else. If he'd come and gotten in line like everyone else he'd have been#12 instead of #13.
    Well, I do a bit. He thought since it wasn't blocked, that's where to line up. So he was there but just in the wrong spot.

then he got screwed again with the line jumper ...

so yeah, that's worse than showing up at 4am, after everybody has said the spots are full and wanting an easy in.

they can't please everyone. Members like the size, nonmembers dont. :)

maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I do hear and understand what you are saying, I am not the idiot that you called me earlier!!!!!!! The club stated the first 10 folks through the gate at 8 am on the 1st of Jan not the 31st of Dec. Still would like know where the tickets come into play ? I understand the board make the rules, but it should be posted....

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Yes and they were lined up the day before, therefore they will be the first ones thru the gate.. Those were the first 12.

the tickets were given as the first 12 people went down the access road, at 6pm. Those people then stayed there until the gate opened at 8am.

would you have them have 50 people sit outside... Getting there at various times, then have a foot race down the access road thru the gate? Haha.

maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    No I would have been more courteous And told the individuals that Tickets (that were not mentioned) were givin out locking in the recipients there membership. Then I would have posted that the membership was full and not" RUMOR HAST IT".

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Understandable. However, I'd never really posted here, and it was my post that mentioned 14 people. I could just have easily been trying to convince people not to show up. :). I wouldn't trust me. :D

Had I been a regular here, or even met anyone off this site, that'd be different. Blame me for chiming in to help others.

You do see how showing up the next morning, then seemingly magically being "10th" in line after it was already full, seems a bit optimistic, don't ya think?

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Honestly, I printed out some numbers, and some "all open spots full" signs to hand out, however, I wasn't in the top 12, so those didn't do much good.

I cant even remember the amount of guys I told they were 15+ between 4 and 6 pm.. At least 10 or more, and all but one left also.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wow, you guys are just going to make the club leaders stop offering memberships at all. Heck last year, they only lost 12. It would be less hassle just to be down 12 next year if it causes all this commotion. This year they will be "over" by 10 due to the auction. So if at the end of this year, they only lose another 12, they will still be virtually full.

Get in line, early like Black Friday if you are game. If you have to work, or in my case go to a wedding, or whatever, game over. Try again next year.

This year, the club was generous and offered an additional 10 for those of us who could/would not be able to camp out overnight. It was an auction that they had no idea how it would go. I was told by a board member when I got there that they were wondering if even enough would show up to take the 10. As it was, around 100 showed up.

I suppose I could lament that fact that my $250 max bid wasn't even close(they sold at $1500+), but I have to accept that a lot of people have much more money than me.:)

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Wow, you guys are just going to make the club leaders stop offering memberships at all. Heck last year, they only lost 12. It would be less hassle just to be down 12 next year if it causes all this commotion. This year they will be "over" by 10 due to the auction. So if at the end of this year, they only lose another 12, they will still be virtually full.

Get in line, early like Black Friday if you are game. If you have to work, or in my case go to a wedding, or whatever, game over. Try again next year.

This year, the club was generous and offered an additional 10 for those of us who could/would not be able to camp out overnight. It was an auction that they had no idea how it would go. I was told by a board member when I got there that they were wondering if even enough would show up to take the 10. As it was, around 100 showed up.

I suppose I could lament that fact that my $250 max bid wasn't even close(they sold at $1500+), but I have to accept that a lot of people have much more money than me.:)

I get that they were generous but why punish the people that have to work so they don't mooch off taxpayer's dollars? I guess I could quit work, get in line 1 week early and pay my dues with an EBT card.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN

I could be a smart ass and simply say "you are welcome"...but if you wanted in badly enough, you could have hopefully taken time off work to do the "gate wait" option OR raid your 401K and go the auction route.

Two of our directors including the President, spent 24 hours at the club from 11 AM Wed. on to same time Thurs...both lost time from work to make both membership option work. Another director took a couple of hours of vacation to help out as well.

So...quit *****in'

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    I could be a smart ass and simply say "you are welcome"...but if you wanted in badly enough, you could have hopefully taken time off work to do the "gate wait" option OR raid your 401K and go the auction route.

Two of our directors including the President, spent 24 hours at the club from 11 AM Wed. on to same time Thurs...both lost time from work to make both membership option work. Another director took a couple of hours of vacation to help out as well.

So...quit *****in'
    Amen. I wasnt happy when I was turned away at 6, but the pres took the time and talked to me, answered all questions I had. I was very impressed with that, and give him a huge thumbs up for it.

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    I get that they were generous but why punish the people that have to work so they don't mooch off taxpayer's dollars? I guess I could quit work, get in line 1 week early and pay my dues with an EBT card.
    Actually no, you'd get turned away.

cash or check only. :)

Shooting is a lot like other hobbies; you have to pay to play. I'm pretty sure shotgun rounds won't work on an ebt at Walmart. ;)

i took off off work early, and still was late. Hell, there may have been other #14's before me, that left.

Top Bottom