• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TiMMaY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    Martinsville
    At the end of the day or should I say after freezing your butt off all night in the cold, the only people that are guaranteed those 12 spots are the first 12 people who get in the clubhouse, fill out their application and pay their dues.

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    At the end of the day or should I say after freezing your butt off all night in the cold, the only people that are guaranteed those 12 spots are the first 12 people who get in the clubhouse, fill out their application and pay their dues.
    Not entirely correct. Pres handed out numbers. No number, no access inside the barricade at the road. I wouldn't be surprised if people left and come back in the am.

maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    FYI..... They did not pass out numbers, If they did that then they would have posted it in there web site. They already changed the idea of parking on Burton lane by taking down the barricade and letting folks park on the entrance lane. Probably a safety issue with cars parking on the road, ( it is narrow and on a curve)

maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Big Sitt I agree there has to be a better way, I have been trying t get my son in there for years now. Maybe a referral thing or lottery

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree with the lottery idea, you still have a shot with the Auction though I'm sure every membership will go for 300+. How bad do you want to be a member.......

maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Well my son didnt make it in due the mysterious tickets that popped up to nobody's knowledge yesterday. My apologies for my earlier post of no tickets... Something fishy in Denmark !!!!!!

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Well my son didnt make it in due the mysterious tickets that popped up to nobody's knowledge yesterday. My apologies for my earlier post of no tickets... Something fishy in Denmark !!!!!!
    If you look back, I told you there were numbers. Website probably wasn't updated because he was sitting out manning the entrance. It did say at 4pm yesterday that there were 14 there already, so not to come out and try it. He turned away anybody over the 12th person, so anybody that showed up after that; and read these posts; is quite frankly an idiot. I'd have camped out in case someone bailed, but no ticket, no entry.

i actually think that's a decent idea, but line was full prior to 2pm yesterday..

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    Wow! Just came back from there. Winning bids went from $1300 to $1800. Only one winning bid was less than $1500. Morgan county 4H did well today.
    I am surprised that bids went that high. I figured $300-500 but couldn't imagine how much was spent.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.3%
    33   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Spot 1 @ $1500, spot 2 $1600, spot 3 $1500, spot 4 $1600, spot 5 $1700, spot 6 $1500, spot 7 $1500, spot8 $1600, spot 9 $1600, spot 10 $1800

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wow was my response also at the auction. I am happy for the 4H club. That got a cash infusion of somewhere around $15,000!

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Gave this info in another thread...but repeat here:
    ===============================

Here is the official tally from the first Martinsville Sportsmans Conservation Club membership auction held at the Morgan County Fairgrounds at 10 AM (and finished by 10:30 AM).

- ten memberships were auctioned to highest bidder
    - first went for $1500
    - most went $1500-1600
    - last went for $1800

About half the winning bidders were from Morgan County, rest from Bloomington, Greenwood and Indy.

Morgan County 4H Shooting Sports netted a donation totaling $14,400
    The club netted $1500...the value of 10 new memberships.

On the "gate wait" side of things, we opened the gates at 8 AM this morning to admit 12 folks who paid $150 each.

We will have to think about how we do new memberships next year...but the moral of the story is, for existing members...don't let your membership lapse, new ones are hard to come by!

Roger for the Board

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

On the "gate wait" side of things, we opened the gates at 8 AM this morning to admit 12 folks who paid $150 each.
    Roger for the Board

I just got back from the auction, WOW. Congratulations for raising $14,400 for morgan county 4h!!!!

I didn't even bid, but I am sure those kids are really going to appreciate what you guys accomplished. Good job and congratulations to the winning bidders.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood

Here is the official tally from the first Martinsville Sportsmans Conservation Club membership auction held at the Morgan County Fairgrounds at 10 AM (and finished by 10:30 AM).

- ten memberships were auctioned to highest bidder
    - first went for $1500
    - most went $1500-1600
    - last went for $1800

About half the winning bidders were from Morgan County, rest from Bloomington, Greenwood and Indy.

We will have to think about how we do new memberships next year...but the moral of the story is, for existing members...don't let your membership lapse, new ones are hard to come by!

Roger for the Board

Wow that is awesome for the local 4H, but if anything, this shows the desire for folks to get a membership. I have some ideas for a different way to do things:
    -Everyone picks a number, the you guys draw a number and the X amount closest get a membership
    -Some sort of shooting contest
    -Names in a hat, then pick out the lucky winners. Everyone could mail in their forms like years past.

maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Warm Pepsi.... Could you produce the the post where you mentioned the tickets, Is this where the Club site info is posted or does it get posted on the official Conservation club site. My son was 10th inline at 4 am. He called and said that the guys at the gate were from INGO and you had to have a ticket. There was no mention of tickets. Are you supposed to read the site rule of changes every minute for changes on such a critical issue. Would you tell me of your affiliation with the club.

maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Also the Post that was on the conservation site was sort of informal by starting with" Rumor has it". and not signed by the individual that posted it, which is now off the site.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Warm Pepsi.... Could you produce the the post where you mentioned the tickets, Is this where the Club site info is posted or does it get posted on the official Conservation club site. My son was 10th inline at 4 am. He called and said that the guys at the gate were from INGO and you had to have a ticket. There was no mention of tickets. Are you supposed to read the site rule of changes every minute for changes on such a critical issue. Would you tell me of your affiliation with the club.

Maddogmech...there were 14 folks lined up on Burton Lane up to our access road (Stop Sign) by 4pm New Year's eve (it was me who posted that info on our club website just so folks could know their chances for one of the 12 openings were nil from that point on). There is no way your son was 10th in line unless he was counting from the stop sign back. At 6 PM New Year's eve our President and another Board member allowed 12 vehicles onto the access road between the stop sign and our gate and gave them numbers 1-12 to keep them organized. This got them off Burton Lane and effectively defined the end of the line of folks who were going to get one of 12 memberships available. Our President and this other board member spent from 11 AM New Years Eve til 9 AM New Year's day keeping the peace and walking the line. They placed a barricade across our access road at 6 PM and periodically told folks still parked on Burton Lane that they might as well go home, there were no more spots to be had.

Though our Board, including myself, all follow INGO and I primarily share info here related to our club...we did NOT give any special treatment to INGO members...it was truly first come, first served. Full Stop.

Roger for the Board

Top Bottom