• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I noticed the sale of 300 BO pistols with sig arm braces went up dramatically in the state of Indiana after the decision was made to deny the use of standard hunting rifles used everywhere else. The decision was made after careful consideration and after weighing all the evidence they determined it would b a a good idea to allow them, but didn't want to make any superstitious people mad. My dad is getting a new pistol of this kind this year, if he wants to hunt with it fine if not it will make a fun range gun. Harumphhh

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Most times I just use my hawkin 50 cal blackpower muzzleloader for both rifle and muzzleloader seasons but this year I will be using a 450 Bushmaster for rifle season which just bought. When the new bill was shot down I figured I would give the 450 bushmaster a try and so far after sighting it in the rifle is pretty darn accurite at 100 yards and puts up some pretty nice 1 inch groups. The areas were I do hunt at don't have many places were you could get a shot off over 75 yards so it should work out pretty nice.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    The .450 Bushmaster is an awesome beast. In fact, I usually refer to mine as the .450 Beast Master. I have hunted with mine for a few years now. Several Whitetails and a Mule deer have fallen to it. From 8 yards to 160 yards. Good glass is necessary in order to see it's full potential, in my opinion. I have a 16" upper and it prints MOA groups out to 250, fairly easy. My buddy said, "I love that round. Every time you pull the trigger, something dies"

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    What happened to the any rifle season a?

The Luddites raised their conical heads and shut it down.
    I still have my Marlin 1894 .45 Colt that has taken three deer with one shot apiece, but I really wanted to have the option to use my Ruger M77 .30-06...a.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Rifle with a .357 pistol cartridge I say, a.

I already have a legal "pistol" cartridge rifle and have for a long time. Just not really in love with it as a hunting rifle even though it was used for many decades as such when it was the most modern rifle there was. It's the principal of the matter now. I refuse to hunt with hunters that love the unsafe slug guns. Very few bow hunt anyway, a.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    ... I refuse to hunt with hunters that love the unsafe slug guns...

Do you mind elaborating on this thought?

I mainly use a pistol caliber rifle these days, when I'm not using a handgun.
    Still, back in the dinosaur ages, when I first started hunting Indiana whitetail, the only legal weapon was a shotgun loaded with slugs.
    It was that way for years, and you could only shoot 1 antlered deer per season (year).

It was a decade or so before we were allowed to use handguns, and another handful of years before they finally allowed the pistol caliber rifles.
    I would love to be able to use my .30-30, or a .308, but that's another story.

People have been using slugged shotguns for hunting whitetails in Indiana for decades, and successfully I might add.

Why do you feel they're any more inherently unsafe than any other long gun?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Not to mention slug guns are used by police & military, have been for a long time. Very lethal. I've dropped deer in their tracks with a slug several times over the years. Straight down in the same spot where I hit them. No less safe than any other firearm.

a.

nickatnight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Shelbyville
    I dont understand the comment that slug shotguns are unsafe... I have hunted deer for nearly 30 years without incident. While a person can act safely or unsafely, firearms are only as safe as the user, dont ya know.

Top Bottom