• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I'm jealous. Here I sit in the Kingdom of Bahrain, and for the first time in many years, I have missed deer season. We left the states to come here on Nov 12th. I'm used to having a freezer full of deer meat. Now I'm in another country, and eating whatever they have available (lots of lamb and chicken, and something they call beef, though I've never seen a cow here).
    First of all thank you for your service.
    Second, how long will it take to send you a care package of Jerky? If you think it will keep, PM me directions on getting it to you. I see you are from Bloomington. I killed two deer in the northern part of Monroe County this year. I would be glad to share some Monroe County deer with you.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Better pic of my buck (yes I'm kinda proud of it)!

LtWU41.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm fighting a sinus infection, so likely won't get out. The girl's are ready for backyard action though, just in case...

20160101_121622_zpsaiekbhta.jpg

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Finally got a doe this season, yesterday morning. Had a small group come through right at first light but was not enough light to see fifty yards. Sounded like 4 or 5 to my right and then 1 or 2 to my left. Had some turkey cause a big commotion on the other hill which kicked two down the hill and back up behind me. Caught one while it was looking back about 50-60 yards. Missed the second after I got down as it had not moved far. I think they were twins. The second, I believe it was the same, came back 3 hrs later but was in too much brush and small trees. Wish the season would have ended today instead of yesterday. Thought it was odd that the season ended on a Friday

Correction. just reread the season dates and it ends tomorrow.

Horray!!

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    No luck today and today was my last day able to hunt. Saw 2 driving there, 1 of which I almost hit with the truck. Jumped 1 walking in, wind was blowing like crazy in the ravines and along the ridge tops. Didn't even see a single squirrel. Oh well, still a good quite, peaceful day in the woods.

Top Bottom