• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Hell ya Hawks won it! At the beginning of this season i bought a Dave Bolland autographed puck, since him being my favorite Forward. I am glad he got the game winning goal! When is the Parade? I am definitely going this year! Congrats to Craw for getting a championship under him for him having a terrific season along with Emery.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Hell ya Hawks won it! At the beginning of this season i bought a Dave Bolland autographed puck, since him being my favorite Forward. I am glad he got the game winning goal! When is the Parade? I am definitely going this year! Congrats to Craw for getting a championship under him for him having a terrific season along with Emery.

I am so happy for Bolly. He earned that opportunity by working hard and overcame many mistakes he made in the playoffs, including the multi-penalty game the other night.

+1 for Bolly!

p.s. Can't wait for the parade, despite not being able to carry in Illinois.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I am so happy for Bolly. He earned that opportunity by working hard and overcame many mistakes he made in the playoffs, including the multi-penalty game the other night.

+1 for Bolly!

p.s. Can't wait for the parade, despite not being able to carry in Illinois.

The parade is going to be huge. The 2010 parade shut down downtown Chicago for hours. It was a sea of red sweaters and people going nuts. I think I'll skip the parade this year, have fun!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The parade is going to be huge. The 2010 parade shut down downtown Chicago for hours. It was a sea of red sweaters and people going nuts. I think I'll skip the parade this year, have fun!

I'm hoping it's Friday so I can make a weekend of it.

A little Portillo's, a little Giordano's, then a little Salerno's... :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Yes. 2010 I bought a Duncan Keith sweater to commemorate his missing teeth. This year will be a Shaw sweater for a puck to the face.

We call that getting Crosby'd though he was to a lesser extent than Ctrosby got his....

I cant believe this, I really wanted 7 games. Freakin Bergeron was playing with broken ribs darn it!

Gratz to Chicago, maybe now Obamas approval rating will rise :D

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    The rally was awesome despite most of the players being drunk. But that is perfectly acceptable. On the way home now on the train. Got a lot of pictures to go thtough. Did anybody see the full page ad in the Boston Globe from the blackhawks?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    After winning the Stanley freakin' Cup, I'd be getting hammered too.

I'm a big fan of Corey Crawford right now. :laugh:

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Crawford was hilarious! Wish i dvred the parade/rally so could watch it again.

Dont forget everyone booing Pat Quinn was great too!

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Parade was a travesty. They sped past us, unlike 2010 when they eased their way along the route. All player buses passed our location in under two minutes. Was at Washington and Wabash. Excellent location and view. Mini Miguel said it was a rip off!

The whole, "Nobody can cross Washington..." even after the "parade" was over was too much.

On a positive note, I did see CPD and park police take down a guy (way drunk) hopping/messing with the barrier fence between Columbus and Michigan Ave. At least eight cops on him, choke hold and then taking him to ground. Literally 20 feet from me, Miguel Jr and Mini Miguel. First two CPD who went to support park police ran past us with hands on billy clubs, but did not beat him. Wouldn't have taken much to take it to the next level, as dude was without a doubt trying to get away. Kids never saw anything like that before.

I would have filmed it, and considered doing so, but then thought the better of it.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Parade was a travesty. They sped past us, unlike 2010 when they eased their way along the route. All player buses passed our location in under two minutes. Was at Washington and Wabash. Excellent location and view. Mini Miguel said it was a rip off!

The whole, "Nobody can cross Washington..." even after the "parade" was over was too much.

On a positive note, I did see CPD and park police take down a guy (way drunk) hopping/messing with the barrier fence between Columbus and Michigan Ave. At least eight cops on him, choke hold and then taking him to ground. Literally 20 feet from me, Miguel Jr and Mini Miguel. First two CPD who went to support park police ran past us with hands on billy clubs, but did not beat him. Wouldn't have taken much to take it to the next level, as dude was without a doubt trying to get away. Kids never saw anything like that before.

I would have filmed it, and considered doing so, but then thought the better of it.

Wow, that stinks about the busses. The parade in 2011 was way different. The busses barely went over coasting speed (probably to keep Kane from falling off since he was so drunk.) hahaha

Top Bottom