• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bartb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    We do. The idea is to provide a disincentive for any state to drop reciprocity for our current license. If they don't. - and there's no reason now why they would with this language- we continue to recognize every other state's license/permit. Everyone's happy.

Guy

I see it. I needed to re-read it again. My previous concern is not a reason to oppose this bill.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Can we just talk to the other states' AG about it? Instead of putting what seems to amount to threats into our law that we would cease to honor other law-abiding citizens rights if their government doesn't do what we want?

Seems akin to "we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it."

Like, maybe we can try talking first.

Van Phillips

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We do. The idea is to provide a disincentive for any state to drop reciprocity for our current license. If they don't. - and there's no reason now why they would with this language- we continue to recognize every other state's license/permit. Everyone's happy.

Guy

Guy:

You know from my posts that I not only support SB555 but asked Sen, Hershman to present it. Now that it has passed 3ed reading the focus goes to the "House" side. I presented it at the Tippecanoe 3rd House breakfast and I believe all 5 of our Legislators (Klinker, Truitt, Lehe, Negele and Dr. Brown) are on board. Perhaps you can speak to others.

Van

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Guy:

You know from my posts that I not only support SB555 but asked Sen, Hershman to present it. Now that it has passed 3ed reading the focus goes to the "House" side. I presented it at the Tippecanoe 3rd House breakfast and I believe all 5 of our Legislators (Klinker, Truitt, Lehe, Negele and Dr. Brown) are on board. Perhaps you can speak to others.

Van

Van - I plan to do just that. Thanks.

Guy

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Is HB 1563 the 'new' license one? If so, thanks but no!
    No sir. SB 555 is the one with the new license. HB 1563 is the one that passed the house by a wide margin, including language to decriminalize suppressors when used lawfully by hunters. (lawfully, in this case, meaning with a tax stamp)

Blessings,
    Bill

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No sir. SB 555 is the one with the new license. HB 1563 is the one that passed the house by a wide margin, including language to decriminalize suppressors when used lawfully by hunters. (lawfully, in this case, meaning with a tax stamp)

Blessings,
    Bill

How about shooting coyotes on my land?

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County

Blessings,
    Bill

How is it doing? I knew about the one that passed the House by a huge margin. Evidentily I lost track when it went to the Senate.

Just so I understand. Suppressor hunting is still alive?

Thanks.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm not a hunter and can't answer you intelligently on that point.

Here's the link to the latest printing of the bill if you'd like to read it for yourself. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks. Look like that part is the same as earlier. This is being stricken from the books. Looks to me like I would be covered.

(b) An individual may not:
    (1) use or possess an apparatus designed for use with or on a firearm commonly called a silencer; or
    (2) use or possess a device used as a silencer;
    in Indiana while in the act of hunting.

http://http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/5688.htm
    Landowners, or a person with written permission from a landowner, may take coyotes year-round on private property by snaring, trapping or shooting without a permit from the DNR. A landowner does not need a permit to take coyotes on his/her property by one of these methods, but a hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap coyotes on land other than your own.

fire81807

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I like the thought of there being a couple people in the school with the capability to carry weapons. I do think that it should not be known by the students or he other staff. I do not know how you would do that but I think that it is a great idea.

Top Bottom