• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    That's not how I interpreted it. I was watching the stream and I heard that they "passed" on reading it today so it did not come up for a vote. The other bills that came up and were voted on showed the voting screen and had a Senator come up and give a re-cap on it. That did not happen on HB1563. I could be wrong, though - I'm a newbie at watching the proceedings.

I'm a newb too, I wonder why he would pass on its third reading though?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    HB 1563 has just had its Third Reading and has passed on a vote of 40 to 9.

It now heads to Gov. Pence's desk for signature (after it is signed by the Speaker and President of the Senate sign it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    HB 1563 has just had its Third Reading and has passed on a vote of 40 to 9.

It now heads to Gov. Pence's desk for signature (after it is signed by the Speaker and President of the Senate sign it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Hmm, I just got an e-mail from the NRA saying it has to go back to the house for a concurrence vote:dunno:
    I have no idea what that means. I thought that since it passed the senate it's on to the Gov.:n00b:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hmm, I just got an e-mail from the NRA saying it has to go back to the house for a concurrence vote:dunno:
    I have no idea what that means. I thought that since it passed the senate it's on to the Gov.:n00b:

Whoops! You're correct, Bill. There were amendments in the Senate that weren't in the version the House passed. I don't foresee that they'll be problematic, though.

Rep added.

The issue is that both houses have to pass the same bill, otherwise the House could have passed it and the Senate could have amended a whole different bill in in its place, or vice versa. Once it passes that, it goes on for signatures.

Blessings,
    Bill

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Whoops! You're correct, Bill. There were amendments in the Senate that weren't in the version the House passed. I don't foresee that they'll be problematic, though.

Rep added.

The issue is that both houses have to pass the same bill, otherwise the House could have passed it and the Senate could have amended a whole different bill in in its place, or vice versa. Once it passes that, it goes on for signatures.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Amendments?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Amendments?

The only one that comes to mind was the one Sen. Tomes added, protecting shooting ranges. I'll look shortly to make sure.

ETA: In the Senate committee, they amended it to address a boating issue in re: number of people aboard, to protect shooting ranges, and to address the issue of wearing hunter orange.

Bill

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Emailed just now (again!) under title "SB 181"

Dear Rep. Davis,

I am confused. A bill that passed the Senate unanimously, you seem to be not only refusing to allow to be heard, you refuse to even answer the people whom you've been sent to the House to serve as to why not.

If the bill is a bad idea, let it be heard and show why. If it's a good idea, it will pass, and the responsibility is not yours, but that of the entire General Assembly and the governor, either way. To stall the bill solely because one man doesn't like it when the people he's supposed to serve do smacks of elitism, and moreso when he refuses to even explain his actions.

Sir, I am a member of a bulletin board of some 30 thousand Hoosiers. All of us are waiting to see this pass or at least have an explanation why it's being denied even a chance. A copy of this letter is being posted, as will your reply.

Respectfully,

--

(name redacted)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Has anyone heard anything about SB 97?

That one and any other that is not listed at least in "second house" is dead.

I'm going from memory here, but the status listings I've seen include:

• In committee - first house
    • Out of committee - first house
    • Passed second reading, ordered engrossed - first house
    • (All of the same above, second house)
    • Passed third reading
    • Returned to house of origin for concurrence
    • Signed by Speaker
    • Signed by President of Senate
    • Signed by Governor
    • Law enacted

I hope that helps!
    Blessings,
    Bill

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Anyone else find it hilarious that the 2 bills (bill b and bill of rights) are on top of all the BILLS and keep us informed like this? Every time I see their names on the same page talking about bills it makes me laugh a little on the inside.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Anyone else find it hilarious that the 2 bills (bill b and bill of rights) are on top of all the BILLS and keep us informed like this? Every time I see their names on the same page talking about bills it makes me laugh a little on the inside.
    Us Bills stick together and watch out for each other...:D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    JustABill-anim.gif

Top Bottom