• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I have a bone stock 2013 SS Camaro with 11,000 miles on it. I don’t want to turn it into a 10 second quarter mile car but I’d like to “wake it up” up a little. Hoping for a few suggestions for bolt ons that would be in the $500-$1,000 range and/or perhaps a shop in the central Indiana area that I could take the car to. Keep in mind I know less than nothing about where to start. From minimal research perhaps CAI, a tune, exhaust, etc ?

Thanks in advance

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    As is its high 12's low 13's depending on the weather. You could probably just change the rear end gear ratio and find that little extra pep you're looking for without breaking the bank.

Reactions: Leo

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    CAI, Tune, Long Tube Headers, exhaust if you want the sound (these have pretty good exhaust system).

The issue is you will not be able to do much for $500-1000, especially if a shop does the work.

Biggest bang would probably be CAI and engine and trans tune ( assuming it's auto). Maybe 30-35hp gain.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    https://www.camaro5.com/forums/ is a good resource.

Long tube headers, CAI, and a tune is where most people start. Rear gears, especially for manuals. Stall converter for autos. You aren't going to get much done at $500-$1k, especially if you are paying for labor.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you've gotten used to 400+ HP, another 20 - 50 isn't likely going to be a "wake up". You didn't note trans type, if automatic a different TCM program could make it more fun to drive.

Maybe if you elaborate on the behavior you want to change we can offer some better solutions.

Top Bottom