• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I have and was on jump status 15years and jumpmastered in the military for 8 years and was a blackhat teaching jump school for 3 years. Getting a little older but thinking about doing it again. Not too old yet.

You are crazy man, I couldn't do this for 15years. I don't know how your knees and back survived.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    There are some important details that have been left out.

It bears noting that the Calendar used by the Maya and the Aztec was developed by the earlier Olmecs. The Olmecs also invented the systems of counting and time keeping used by all major Central American civilizations that followed. Mayan and Aztec glifs also appear to be based on Olmec script, and they share many similar gods.

The Olmecs developed the two calendar system: one for daily life, and another for religious purposes. The Olmecs and the Maya who came after them both believed that the "long calender" represented periods of creation. The world is NOT destroyed at the end of these periods, but rather "reborn" in a renewed form. Some Anthropologists link this belief to the importance of the serpent god in central American cultures. Snakes are "reborn" periodically when they molt, thus giving rise to the idea of a cyclical renewal of the earth.

As Jedi noted, Neither the Olmecs or the Maya who followed believed the world ended during these transitions. For them, the cycle is likely endless. The Olmecs are no longer with us, but the decedents of the Mayans are still with us: they aren't worried about 2012.

It is with the Aztecs that we find the root of the 2012 debacle. The Aztec religion, while similar in many respects to the Olmecs and Mayans, contained some important modifications. The Aztecs placed a much greater important on the serpent god (Quetzalcoatl), than previous Meso-American civilizations, and imbued him with with many additional powers to reflect his elevated status. Due to some unknown reason, likely religious, the Aztecs decided that the 4'th age was the last, and the world not be reborn at the end of the age (and for them it wasn't, thanks to the Spanish).

If you ask me, this entire issue is a farce, born from the ignorance of Western pop-culture. Nobody with any knowledge of Mayan culture, including currently living Mayans, has any worries about 2012.

Last edited:

C.H.U.D.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Elkhart
    nastradamus, Nobody has said anything about his preditions, Oh sure the Mayan stuff might be hoowee but the great seer cant be wrong can he???
    [When the sparrow lays with lion and the butlers shodow covers them'] must mean the world is ending 2012, what else can it mean. I see a lot of deniers here. but I did Learn about the mayans parachuted or was that something else, Oh by the way Zombie are just that. watch T.V. sometime

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    All that will happen is a giant "Time to Reorder" sign will appear in the sky... :D

I think it's a bunch of hooey, however, it does have some implications:
    Reelection
    Religious or Paranoia junkies flipping out/rioting/going spastic causing issues with general peace
    The already aforementioned "credit limit" issue

While not heaving grounds and flooding and Captain Planet skudding children and voting Democrat, 2012 will be a hard year, for sure...

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Lindsey Williams predicts WWIII in 2012, and made other statements of the intent of the New World Order. When oil was peaking near $147/barrel, Lindsey was told, and told Alex Jones listeners, that the elitist were going to drop oil down below $50/barrel. And they did.

Here is the recent interview by Alex Jones of Lindsey Williams.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8i9bHUyBkY[/ame]

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom