• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've never had one of my firearms fall out of it's holster...I'd like to think I would notice it as soon as it happened.

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    The man was lucky that the child knew how to treat a firearm! I preach it to my children , all guns are loaded all the time, never pick it up and let an adult know about it right away!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Worse thing is he didn't like The Hobbit!

I watched it in OH. The theater had a "no guns" sign and I commented to my brother in law how safe I felt. :n00b:

Seriously people, get a good holster!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I wish they'd say what model it was. Clearly not a Glock since it was loaded with safety off and didn't fire.

I had my crossbreed holster ride up and fall off into my hand last week. I'd never had that happen. It was new 5.11 pants. Maybe I need bigger pants? Anyone have this happen?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wish they'd say what model it was. Clearly not a Glock since it was loaded with safety off and didn't fire.

I had my crossbreed holster ride up and fall off into my hand last week. I'd never had that happen. It was new 5.11 pants. Maybe I need bigger pants? Anyone have this happen?

Need bigger pants?

Yes...it is the holiday season afterall:laugh:

But no...I've never had that happen with my crossbreed.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Need bigger pants?

Yes...it is the holiday season afterall:laugh:

But no...I've never had that happen with my crossbreed.

But this happened before the meals started. Heh. The pants have plenty of room (no jokes, please). I was doing a lot of bending and working that day, I think it just got some upward pressure from my leg after a while. It's never happened in the jeans I'm usually wearing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    But this happened before the meals started. Heh. The pants have plenty of room (no jokes, please). I was doing a lot of bending and working that day, I think it just got some upward pressure from my leg after a while. It's never happened in the jeans I'm usually wearing.

But you teed that one up so nicely...:laugh:

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I have had a gun fall out of a holster, but I darn sure knew it as soon as it happened. When I CC, I use an Crossbreed Supertuck. It is not a retentionn holster by any means. The time it fell out was when I was at the diesel shop getting my truck looked at. I got down to show the mechanic something under my truck. I was carrying at 6:00 IWB, and it slid out of the holster, but I felt it going and caught it before it hit the pavement.

I just don't see how you'd miss that.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    What clips are you using to secure it? The J-Clips, SnapLok, or V-clips? I've never had an issue with the Snaplok's and actually have to use two hands to take them off over the belt. It may be time for a new set of clips....jmo:dunno:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I have had a gun fall out of a holster, but I darn sure knew it as soon as it happened. When I CC, I use an Crossbreed Supertuck. It is not a retentionn holster by any means. The time it fell out was when I was at the diesel shop getting my truck looked at. I got down to show the mechanic something under my truck. I was carrying at 6:00 IWB, and it slid out of the holster, but I felt it going and caught it before it hit the pavement.

I just don't see how you'd miss that.

Not to preach, but it's normally best to let the gun fall instead of trying to catch it. I know it's hard to combat instincts, but with modern "drop safe" guns, it's much safer to just let them drop than to try to grab them and accidentally snag the bang switch.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    The man was lucky that the child knew how to treat a firearm! I preach it to my children , all guns are loaded all the time, never pick it up and let an adult know about it right away!

Contrary to popular belief, the "evil" NRA teaches the same thing through it's Eddie Eagle program.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN

It was a Beretta, ca. 1941, given to him by his dad:
    12016789-large.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh, an evil fascist assault pistol. Surprising it didn't jump up on its own and open fire until its clip was empty.

Now hold on...That looks like one of those safer, politically correct Glocks that hold 10 bullets or less in its clip.

:D

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    Oh, an evil fascist assault pistol. Surprising it didn't jump up on its own and open fire until its clip was empty.

Hahaha good one I needed a laugh...

Don't take me wrong, it's a serious scenario, if my para ord lda 45 Wasn't in my holster I'd know it. And god forbid I felt my hip and it was gone!!! AFTER ****TING MY PANTS !!! Is have an army trying to retrieve it!!!

Top Bottom