2012 end of the world: Mexico 2nd confirmation.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Am I the only one that wonders if the Mayan calender ends because they got killed off and not because it was supposed to end where it did? I'm not full of knowledge on the subject but the thought crossed my mind.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Am I the only one that wonders if the Mayan calender ends because they got killed off and not because it was supposed to end where it did? I'm not full of knowledge on the subject but the thought crossed my mind.
    Last I heard/read, it doesn't "end" like so many folks think. Their calendar is cyclic, with many "eras". 2012 is the end of an era. Assuming it is like all of their other eras, it would simply be the sunset of one, and the sunrise of another.

Decent description on Wikipedia:
    Maya calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the article:
    Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the day that the calendar will go to the next b'ak'tun.
    Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization FAMSI, notes that "for the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". She considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."[22] The 2009 science fiction apocalyptic disaster film 2012 is based on this belief.

Last edited:

hrdwarhax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Marion Co. Castleton
    Dear god, that bet is tempting. someone would be an idiot not to take u up on it. arrrrg. anyway i hope the world ends, i dont think it will but i hope it will, enough bipartisan bull droppings all over the place

Top Bottom