• ...and so much more!
  • T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Alright,

Rather than starting a new thread every week for the NFL games, let's just have our picks in one thread so we can look back on our progress throughout the season.

Sure, I can say that this week, I published 7 picks and was 6 for 7 (didn't expect the Cowboys to win last night, but I did pick Buff to beat NE!), but I want to track our progress in one thread.

Anyway, it's too early in the week for me to make my week 4 picks. That'll come Friday.

So, what have we learned from week 3?

The LIONS are probably legit! If Stafford can stay healthy I expect them to make it into the post season. The probably won't hoist a trophy.....but they can make it into the post season.

The COLTS are improving. If the running game continues like it was in week 3 and the defense plays like they did in week 3.....start Painter.....and they can start winning some games.

If you can tip a Brady Pass, you too might be able to beat the PATRIOTS.

The FALCONS....well, they are a different team from last year.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Eagles are as always over-rated, Cowboys are looking tough. Indy is a 3-13 team this year, Manning is Done. Pitt looked slow, I expect much more from them. I see a monster developing in the West.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The Lions are good this year, but not great. I think I'm more impressed with Buffalo after their last two hard fought wins. The Packers look like the team to beat again. I think the Cowboys are a good team, but way too many rookie mistakes last night. The Colts will be lucky to go 3-13 this year, but the ride had to end sometime. They need to look past Manning and find a way to get back to greatness. The Patriots are another tough team to beat. It's going to be a good season at least.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    I think 3-13 is a bit of a stretch. I thinking 7-9 or possibly 8-8. The probability of post-season play is highly unlikely, but 3-13..they'll start clicking before then. Manning isn't the entire team and there is plenty of talent without him.

I like Buffalo, they've been the biggest surprise. NO will be a NFC threat, as has been the case the past few years, but might be slowing down a bit.

If the Cowboys are fairly healthy, this weeks matchup should be a pretty good one against the Lions.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    the colts did have some bright moments. which cause me some chest pain (go stillers!) But the steelers really aren't very good this year either. I think both teams will pull out average records and be HOPING for wildcard spots. :dunno:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think 3-13 is a bit of a stretch. I thinking 7-9 or possibly 8-8. The probability of post-season play is highly unlikely, but 3-13..they'll start clicking before then. Manning isn't the entire team and there is plenty of talent without him.

I like Buffalo, they've been the biggest surprise. NO will be a NFC threat, as has been the case the past few years, but might be slowing down a bit.

If the Cowboys are fairly healthy, this weeks matchup should be a pretty good one against the Lions.

The Colts may win as many as 5 games, but definitely not .500.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    remember a few years ago when we had J. Addai throw a few surprise passes, why not bring that back a few times?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

8-8? I don't even see that being a possibility at this point. I'm with JS7 on this one. They may win 5, but I wouldn't bet on it. That team is completely built around a guy(even on the defensive side) that won't see the field this year.

<-------------------Guess who I'm Picking?

That's a pretty safe pick. Doesn't look like they are suffering from a Super Bowl hangover at all.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Well, Week 4 is upon us.......but this weeks match-ups seem kind of lack-luster...

So....

28-24 LIONS over C'Boys - game starts heavy on defense, Os pick up 2nd half
    31-21 TEXANS over Pitt - Get a glimpse of what Houston's O can do
    21-17 49ERS over Eagles
    38-21 NE over OAK
    17-10 JETS over BAL - Jets secondary covers puts the brakes on the long ball
    20-13 INDY gets first win of the season with Painter at QB

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    <-------------------Guess who I'm Picking?
    Me, too. I may have to go against my moral convictions and pull for South America's team this week. Detroit looks like they are serious this year and I'm not expecting any help from Chicago or Minnesota. Having 1st place to ourselves would be nice when we meet them head to head.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well, Week 4 is upon us.......but this weeks match-ups seem kind of lack-luster...

So....

21-17 49ERS over Eagles
    38-21 NE over OAK
    I really doubt we will beat the Bucs this week. Then again, my cousin plays for Tampa so I'm kinda biased. Go #65!!!

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville

So....

21-17 49ERS over Eagles
    38-21 NE over OAK

Eagles will beat 49ers.
    Ravens will beat Jets.
    Bucs will beat Colts.

Andrew Luck has a good chance of going to the Colts this year. I was at the Steelers game and the Steelers played like absolute garbage. The game shouldn't have been anywhere close to where it was, and that's not a compliment to the Colts. It was terrible.

Anyways, go Bears!

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    6 for 7 Week 3
    4 for 6 this week. Gotta step it up.

So, what did we learn this week?

Goldielocks might just be a bit better than Collins, but he's still no Manning (or his big brother Peyton either).

While having two undefeated teams is not that unusual this early in the season (except one of them is the LIONS), we currently have 4 teams that are winless.....so Indy isn't down there all by themselves! 4...that's a lot!

We also learned this week that Romo has no problems being the MVP for the visiting team. Thanks Romo, wasn't ready to see a loss just yet.

Onto to week 5....should be some difficult picks to get up tomorrow.

Top Bottom