• ...and so much more!
  • keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Talk to me Goose!

For those in the 2011 scene, what have you tried and liked or not liked with regards to magazines.

I have about a dozen Springfield magazines with Atlas internals, but have been looking at trying MBX, Atlas mags themselves, or Checkmates.

The Springfield mags in the 17 and 20 round sizing, with Atlas internals(lockback) lost me a single round in capacity, but so far have been running smoothly. Just have to keep them clean like with all 2011 magazines.

Anyone have experience with using something other than the typical Springfield or Staccato mags?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I have a Tisas br9 that came with checkmate mags, and every video and every review said they function flawlessly!, but when I looked online they were out of stock just about everywhere so I bought a Springfield prodigy mag (I wanted 3 for competition) but actually the Springfield was the cheapest magazine I’ve found!

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I exclusively used Staccato mags with 0 issues, Checkmate were in my short list but 2011 mags are in high demand so is the flip of a coin finding them. I rather be shooting than shopping just saying.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    FYI sds imports (the company that imports Tisas) has checkmate 2011 mags in stock on their website at 49.99 each

I paid 33 for my prodigy mag (at midway USA) using my birthday discount (today it’s 49.99!)

FYI from 1 week before to two weeks after your birthday you can get some pretty substantial discounts from midway but it’s only on one purchase!…I usually but something just to get the discount!

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Doesn’t seem like a bad deal on the checkmates. Cheapest I’ve found the 23rnd comp mags from Atlas is $85/ea currently.

Starting to lean pretty heavily into the no lock back followers vs the lock backs

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Also seeing on some forums that people are having good luck using the prodigy mags with atlas baseplates and only changing the springs when they are due to be changed. Just putting in atlas internals at that point.

Top Bottom