• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    BoR, if I understand the above red copied text the Vanderburgh County/City of Evansville building couldn't ban weapons unless they scan everybody. Currently only we peasants have to go thru the detectors. Employees and elected officials just sail right in by flashing an ID card. Am I understanding this correctly?

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    BoR, if I understand the above red copied text the Vanderburgh County/City of Evansville building couldn't ban weapons unless they scan everybody. Currently only we peasants have to go thru the detectors. Employees and elected officials just sail right in by flashing an ID card. Am I understanding this correctly?
    Simple, the annointed ones will just get a private entrance. Us peons will have to go through the detectors.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Anyone entering through a public entrance will be scanned and have packages inspected. if we want this passed, though, I think we'll have to live with this compromise for now.
    Note that they CAN scan... They do not have to do so. Perhaps we can each work in our own counties to remove that restriction, maybe starting with LTCH holders (the most law-abiding people in the state) and show the legislature that where it has been tried, it has worked.
    Remember, in 1986, only a handful of states were "shall-issue", most were no-issue, and only one was Constitutional Carry. In 1987, Florida went shall-issue. Today, 38(?) or so are shall-issue, only two are no-issue and both have efforts to change that, and FOUR are Constitutional Carry. It's not always a fast or easy process, but it can be done through diligent, hard work.

Who else is ready to get their hands dirty? :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thanks BoR so the pre-emption bill is the last one still working it's way thru the readings at this point right? Will be pass then?

As for the draft of being able to take firearms into private schools that was what were talked about here on INGO in the private "social group" as a possible new bill to get Indiana to work on. I guess it never made it out of INGO then. =(

The legislature is not even ready to allow the preemption bill to pass without the idiotic 16-year-old restriction that a business cannot sell guns within 200 feet of a school unless they've done so consistently since 1994. They've no evidence to go on and none of them wants to be the one who introduces the law that makes another Columbine legal. Never mind that the murderers there were minors and prohibited from owning guns. Never mind that (IIRC) at least one gun was stolen. Never mind that guns were already against the law on school grounds. Oh, and there's that little law against, y'know, MURDER as well... No, in some minds, allowing any gun at school other than one "safely" held by a LEO is allowing, even inviting another Columbine.

It's bull:poop: and we all know it, but this is how some think. We need to change how people think if we want to overcome that.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    SB 292 has PASSED! Six for six!

The current active bills before the state legislature as of today, 4/18/2011, that address gun rights are

SB 94------- Passed by both houses. Scheduled to go to Gov. Daniels' desk. Needs the President Pro Tem and the Speaker's signatures first.
    SB 154 ----- Received in Gov. Daniels' office.
    SB 292 ----- Passed by both houses. Scheduled to go to Gov. Daniels' desk (after a conference committee)
    SB 411 ----- Signed by Gov. Daniels.
    SB 434 ----- Received in Gov. Daniels' office.
    SB 506 ----- Passed by both houses. Scheduled to go to Gov. Daniels' desk (after a conference committee)

All of the above will become law 7/1/11.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Do you know what the final roll call for SB506 and SB292 where?
    I'm actually just interested to know how Stevenson voted as he NEVER replied to me. =(

So what was the final text for 292 and 506?

Thank you all who sent the emails,calls to make this happen.

& lastly BoR r u now a happy camper? (At least for this session). =)
    So what is the next draft bills we shoul focus on. The privtae school one I would like to see...

ps.
    APPLE will be sending you a cease & decease letter soon for copyright/trademark infringments of your iMod Ban Hammer you have there. Don't say me no warn u. ROFL!

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Do you know what the final roll call for SB506 and SB292 where?
    I'm actually just interested to know how Stevenson voted as he NEVER replied to me. =(

So what was the final text for 292 and 506?

Thank you all who sent the emails,calls to make this happen.

& lastly BoR r u now a happy camper? (At least for this session). =)
    So what is the next draft bills we shoul focus on. The privtae school one I would like to see...

ps.
    APPLE will be sending you a cease & decease letter soon for copyright/trademark infringments of your iMod Ban Hammer you have there. Don't say me no warn u. ROFL!

I'm also curious as to the final role call for 506, seeing as my Rep never got back to me either. I'm hoping he listened to me and was so excited at my earnest letter that he went straight out and convinced others to vote likewise so hard that he just forgot to reply.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Final House roll call (#548) for SB 292 can be found here:

http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2011/PDF/Hrollcal/0548.PDF.pdf

Final House roll call (#528) for SB 506 can be found here:

http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2011/PDF/Hrollcal/0528.PDF.pdf

I'd just post the names but if you want to read it clearly, I then have to go through and re-color every other name in the columns.

As for the iMod thing.. Credit for that goes to ATM, who originally used the term. If Apple has a problem with it, they have but to ask and I'll change to a new av.

Am I now a happy camper? Sadly, Jedi, no, I am not. I'm pleased with the fact that our laws will be improving, of course, and that's a good thing. It bothers me, however, that such things as the gov't building prohibition on carry remains, as does carry at schools. It rankles that any restriction on those who obey the law remains when those who do not obey the laws remain unaffected. I am disappointed in our legislators who can't be bothered to read the #$%^#%^& laws of the state and ask such questions as "If the Wigwam, in Anderson, is sold by the school corporation to a private investor who wants to allow the schools to continue using it for athletics, could the private investor allow guns there?" Even worse is that a supposedly pro-gun legislator, the sponsor of the bill (!) didn't know that state statute expressly forbids firearms there. When asked, he answered that no, it was now private property and up to the owner.

I suppose an argument could be made that such person may give specific permission for someone to carry and thus, the statement is true, but the likelihood of this is so slim as to be unworthy of consideration.

We have some of the best gun laws in the country here. That's not in question and I'm glad to have what we have. We have a long way to go, though. We need to change peoples' thinking about the 2A. This will not be an easy process, but it will be worthwhile. Consider the following graphic:

RTC-Hx1.gif

That took 24 years, but we've gone from one "green" to four, 17 "no-issues" to two, both of which have initiatives to at least go to may issue and possibly even shall-issue, and 26 "may-issues" to nine. Finally, in 1986 we had six "shall-issue" states. Today, we have 36 (including three of the Constitutional Carry states that still issue a permit for those who want one)

That's taken a lot of work on the parts of a lot of people, but it all started when Florida changed from "may-issue" to "shall-issue". One woman, a legislator there, pushed for change and made it happen. IIRC, she remains a NRA board member today.

We CAN do this. We just need to roll up our sleeves and get our hands dirty, so to speak; peacefully, honorably, and civilly changing minds.

Blessings,
    Bill

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hmmm, Would 0292 prevent HOAs from banning guns?

Only if the HOA was a political subdivision of the state. They are voluntary associations... you choose to be a member of them by your choice of where to buy a home. If you don't like their rules, work to change them from within or vote with your feet and dollars and move elsewhere.

And yes, it sucks. I live in a neighborhood with a HOA as well. :puke:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Only if the HOA was a political subdivision of the state. They are voluntary associations... you choose to be a member of them by your choice of where to buy a home. If you don't like their rules, work to change them from within or vote with your feet and dollars and move elsewhere.

And yes, it sucks. I live in a neighborhood with a HOA as well. :puke:

Ah, I missed the "of the state" part, and just was thinking of them as "political"...

Thanks!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm also curious as to the final role call for 506, seeing as my Rep never got back to me either. I'm hoping he listened to me and was so excited at my earnest letter that he went straight out and convinced others to vote likewise so hard that he just forgot to reply.
    see this pisses me off to no end. If any of us ignored our boss and didnt respond, how well do you think that would go over? These PUBLIC SERVANTS need to reply to their constituents even if they dont agree.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    see this pisses me off to no end. If any of us ignored our boss and didnt respond, how well do you think that would go over? These PUBLIC SERVANTS need to reply to their constituents even if they dont agree.

He at least voted for 506, but he voted against 292. I'm curious his vote records on the rest, but seeing as I'm from Bloomington I'm not holding my breath.

Either way, I know that I chose to live here and that my opinion is not the majority here so he probably didn't want to respond to tell me something negative. It's okay, because I make my contributions whenever and however I can.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Dangit. Now I'm going to have to update the INGO FAQ. I don't want to have to learn a bunch of new laws! What was wrong with the status quo?!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Did these two ever get addressed?

(6) the enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting or restricting the intentional display of a firearm at a public meeting;

and

(B) consolidated city from enacting or enforcing a provision prohibiting or restricting the lawful discharge of a firearm at a shooting range located within the territory of the consolidated city that comprised the first class city before it became a consolidated city.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

The difference is that you have one boss (or maybe a small number of bosses.) My state Senator got over 20,000 votes last election. His opponent got about about 9,000. Why does that matter? Simple- I can't get 16 people in a thread on INGO to agree on something, and most of us are of fairly conservative opinions. Of 29,000 voters with disparate opinions in my district who voted, it took 15,501 or so to elect a candidate. Can you convince over 15,500 people in an area to come together on an opinion under any circumstance but the most egregious of violations? Just not answering hardly meets that standard. Don't misunderstand me... I think they should be duty- and honor-bound to reply, at a minimum by way of a staffer writing the letter for them... They just know that we have no recourse if they fail to do so, other than to refuse to vote for them next time... and when we have only the one candidate, as often happens (did with my state rep... fortunately, I LIKE him and most of his votes.)

If we can convince 15,500+ voters to fire someone, in many cases I agree we should do so. As I said above, it's not easy, but it can sure be worthwhile.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Did these two ever get addressed?

(6) the enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting or restricting the intentional display of a firearm at a public meeting;

and

(B) consolidated city from enacting or enforcing a provision prohibiting or restricting the lawful discharge of a firearm at a shooting range located within the territory of the consolidated city that comprised the first class city before it became a consolidated city.

Both are in the law.

And get with me, I'll help update the FAQ. We have until July 1 before they become law. :D

Top Bottom