• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    pictures after big harry eyeball

I went out to Atlanta today to see what you guys were up to, am a shotgunner and I was amazed to walk arround and not know one single person. Got some funny looks with my red shooting glasses...(harry eyeballs)

Everything looked like it was going well and there were very good shoots there. i was impressed.

102_1069.jpg

102_1068.jpg

click below for video
    Atlanta Gun Club shoot 7 24 2010 :: 102_1062.mp4 video by FLOORIT186 - Photobucket

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The golf cart was not overloaded if that is what you mean. Those things are built for hauling two fat old men and clubs around. One fat old man and a gun is nothing. But yes I put some miles on that bad boy.

I want to thank the staff who help set up and run this match. They were outstanding and things ran much smoother than anyone can expect. Thanks for your hard work in the heat guys. Proud of you all!:patriot:

I am hoping to just be a shooter tomorrow. I hope to do that well.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've been to ACT's instructional league once, and since that is the only real exposure to the sport I stopped by to see how different a real competition is. WOW, that looks like an amazing time! It was just like the instructional league but since this was the regional championship the stages were very elaborate. It looked like a carnival game in some of those bays. I didn't however see any over-sized stuffed animals so I assume you are playing for trophies or something else.
    I came home with the following thoughts:
    1. ACT instructional league is the real deal, I felt like I could step in and do this without slowing things down or making it unsafe. (I am not saying I would do well, thats on me.)
    2. My schedule, and "hobbies" just got re-prioritized.
    3. I don't do well with heat.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Saw many INGO'ers on Stage 10 today, many familiar faces and actually meeting a few from INGO in person.

I'll be scoring on Stage 1 tomorrow.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    The match and staff were incredible!!

My shooting was NOT. My worst match in years. But I still had a lot of FUN.

Here are 9 of the stages (I forgot to vid stage 1):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4n9jTDtpVg]YouTube - 2010 IN Section.mp4[/ame]

I'll elaborate more in a couple days, got fun family stuff tomorrow to rest up for.

-rvb

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I was smart to divide my days into two. It was amazingly humind on Friday when I stopped by. The staff were dragging. (well some) But I as there all of 30 min and having a hard time breathing. Saturday wasn't any better. Today started off cool and comfortable. I had some good rounds, and some really bad rounds. But hey it's called rookie mistakes. I have learned my lesson as I got to shoot with a good bunch of gentlemen.

Thanks Jake, Aron, Mike, and the crew for a great and challenging match. It was a steep learning curve for me. Kudo's to USPSA/Indiana.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I've been to ACT's instructional league once, and since that is the only real exposure to the sport I stopped by to see how different a real competition is. WOW, that looks like an amazing time! It was just like the instructional league but since this was the regional championship the stages were very elaborate. It looked like a carnival game in some of those bays. I didn't however see any over-sized stuffed animals so I assume you are playing for trophies or something else.
    I came home with the following thoughts:
    1. ACT instructional league is the real deal, I felt like I could step in and do this without slowing things down or making it unsafe. (I am not saying I would do well, thats on me.)
    2. My schedule, and "hobbies" just got re-prioritized.
    3. I don't do well with heat.

I'm planning on heading to South Central this Sunday. Give me a call. I believe start time is 10:00 a.m.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    GREAT MATCH!!! Jake/Coach/Steve/Mike/Barry...I know I'm forgetting a thousand more names. I had a blast both shooting and staffing. Great work organzing and making the match run smoothly (or at least made it appear that it was)

Great Job!!

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    The match and staff were incredible!!

Thanks!

Shooters were great as well. We had a good flow both Saturday and Sunday. We finished early both days. This could not have happened without everyone chipping in and doing their part.:yesway:

At least you didn't nearly zero two stages :rolleyes: like I did.

I didn't nearly zero any stages, but it wasn't my best match, either.

Great shooters, unbelievable competitors, and a relatively smooth match due to great match management from Coach, Steve, and Jake.

Thanks everybody. It was so nice meeting you guys and great shooting as well.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Match results have been uploaded to review for correctness. You will have 24 hours to contact me ( jakemartens@comcast.net ) if there are any corrections that need to be made. I have all of the original scores sheets with me to review.

I would like to thank each and everyone of the competitors that came out to shoot this match. Thank you for still coming after the 100 year flood that caused us to reschedule. I really appreciate all of the great comments about the match, but truely it was the staff and the dedicated set up crew and the guidance of Aron Bright and the assistance of Mike Thompson along with Daniel Hart, Derrick Hart, Steve Ryan, Jeff McCauley, and Roger Butler that pulled together and built those very good stages. Also a big thanks goes to Kris Soonpaa and Marc Lorey that did all of the scoring for the match. They had the last score sheet entered and were printing final results 2 minutes after the last shot was fired. Also a big thanks goes to Alyssa Bright and Isabel Martens the two young ladies that went around collecting all the 2695 score sheets, and filling water and ice in coolers!!
    Congrats to all the division, class and special catagory winners, I will be ordering plaques this week to be mailed out to you Thanks for coming out!!!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Im waiting to be told where to pick up the AR,,,,

Raffle winners
    AR15 - Matt Griffin (from Kentucky)
    M&P - Frank Pallis (from Ohio)
    Glock Certificate - Earl Click (some place scary I think)
    STI frame/slide - Tom Schwenn

I have received several emails giving thanks and praise for the match, and that is great. But the reality of it is that I only really do the planning, come 12:00 on Friday and the Range Masters Aron Bright and Steve Wright are in charge of the match, and the range officers and range staff are the ones that make it run and make it a great match.

They are the ones that the thanks needs to be going to!!

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Raffle winners
    AR15 - Matt Griffin (from Kentucky)
    M&P - Frank Pallis (from Ohio)
    Glock Certificate - Earl Click (some place scary I think)
    STI frame/slide - Tom Schwenn

I have received several emails giving thanks and praise for the match, and that is great. But the reality of it is that I only really do the planning, come 12:00 on Friday and the Range Masters Aron Bright and Steve Wright are in charge of the match, and the range officers and range staff are the ones that make it run and make it a great match.

They are the ones that the thanks needs to be going to!!

sigh,,,,, At least I had a great time. I had calf cramps last night and funny how beer didnt seem to help.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have a pretty good match. No big mistakes except for getting caught up in the scorekeeping and not realizing I was the next shooter. Didn't take time to get my head on before that stage and ended up with 2 mikes, which cost me wood. I also shot stage 10 wrong. I drew SHO and shot the 4 targets up front. Guys that dumped the ammo can first and shot thru the port and then backed up beat me by 3 seconds.

But I had a fun match, enjoyed myself immensley.

Many thanks to Jake, Aron, Steve and everyone who helped with the match.
    Congrats to my old friend Bob Patton for 1st C.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    If I counted right, Bob Vogel won 6 out of 10 stages outright, shooting Limited 10.

Unfreaking believable, even if you see him do it.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    During the match Jeff Hammond, a professional photographer from Bloomington, IN and USPSA competitor, was there taking pictures of the match and the competitors.
    Jeff is setting up a private viewing gallery at www.jghphoto.com . The gallery name is USPSA and the acess code is 0710.
    Jeff will have these uploaded for viewing either later today or early Tuesday.
    Jeff will also be offering to sell any of the photo\'s you may find on there of yourself that you may want.
    His contact information is
    Jeff Hammond
    jeff@jghphoto.com

Thanks Jeff for all your hard work!!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It was a great match
    I had a great time as both a shooter and a competitor
    I vote for cooler weather next year:D

I think I'm still dehydrated

I hear ya, I'll can't get enough water in me this morning.

camera went in to the cooler bag and got soaked, so I didn't have video this time around. Don't honestly think many of us did while shooting as it was so hot out.

Chun-Yu did some hat-cam, so it'll be interesting to see what he puts up.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom