• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I'm pretty sure shotguns are allowed, you just need to police up your trash as usual.

Sjstill would be the final say on it though.

Wish they had a trap/skeet range though.

Does anyone know if shotguns are a go or no go?
    I will probably bring;
    9mm taurus
    380 Kel-tec
    22lr NAA pistol
    Marlin 60
    and a 870 12 ga if allowed.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Shotguns (slugs or shot) are fine, no crazy rounds like bird bombs or flame rounds (If we dont say that, someone WILL bring them out...). Pistol caliber carbines/rifles are fine. Pistols are fine (nothing in rifle calibers, so keep the AK pistols and .35 Rem. Contenders at home). Anything in rimfire is fine as well. Please, no tracers or incendiaries.

NO CENTERFIRE RIFLES! NOTHING IN CENTERFIRE RIFLE CALIBERS! I almost guarantee someone will ask about .30 M1 or similar lower powered rifle rounds. Indy Parks and the IMPD (its IndyParks property and IMPD's range, their rules, not ours) dont allow them out there. If in doubt, dont bring it. We dont want folks getting in trouble out there. We will ask you to put it up if you think of shooting it and will ask you to leave if you continue with said action.

Also, no holster drills or movement. While some folks know how to safely draw, many dont and we dont want folks getting the wrong idea, shooting the person next to them. We are a shooting range, not Gunsite.

Please review our website's rules, not only weapons but also range rules. We have been talking this over and due to the sheer amount of people attending, ANY range violations will not be tolerated. We are about safety out there. We know that various ranges and people have their own ideas of what the rules are, please read and abide by ours when you are out there. We, as well as you good folks, want to go home alive that day, safe and sound.

If you have any questions, ask sjstill, send him a PM or post on the appropriate thread for the picnic. Once again, please check our website, it is linked on the sidebar of the mainpage of INGO (left hand side). Please, we stress safety out there. If we ask you to stop something, its not out of spite, dont take it as such. If you have an issue with a rule, please talk to us or please dont show up, we want everyone to have fun and go home okay, no extra holes :D. Except me, shoot away at me. :D

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    Hey Vern, is there any policy against bringing a light anti-tank weapon or tow missile? Im sure the backstop can handle it.
    3013625462_89c75b1909.jpg

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    ok, update on what I am bringing. Here is a list of what I was planning on bringing:

.40S&W sigma
    9mm sigma
    9mm XD9
    .22LR remington 597 with factory scope and synthetic stock
    .22LR mossberg 702 plinker
    .22LR Beretta Neos
    .22 Walther P22
    12 gauge Stoeger pump shotgun

Greg

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Being that at least part of this get-together is in honor of Eric (Epsylum) I will bring his Tromix modified Saiga 12. Probably the CZ-52 with a few of my high pressure H-110 hand-loads for the fireball effect and one of the Super Blackhawks. Gotta be a 44 Mag in the mix.

Ronn38

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Pistol only, huh. I would have been happy to let anyone try my Krag (and yes, the action really is like butter)--but maybe another time.

Ronn

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    INGO Picnic and Range Rescheduled

Due to an unavoidable last minute scheduling conflict we are having to reschedule to June 27th.

We apologize and understand if some of you cannot make this new date. If you cannot attend let me know and I'll remove you from the list.

Anyone still available to volunteer, please reconfirm this with myself and Sjstill.

Thank You

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Actually, the 27th works better for me than the 13th, so I'll still be there. Most all of my toys can be seen at the link in my sig. If you want to see/shoot something, let me know.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I can bring any of the following guns if somebody wants to try out some stuff:

Glocks 21SF and 30, 45ACP
    Glocks 22, 23, and 27, 40SW
    Ruger SR9

I guess that's it for pistols. Not very exotic. I also have a High Point 9mm carbine with that fancy tactical stock on it, but I'm not sure if that is allowed.

I wish I could bring my Remington 700s - the SPS in 223Rem and the VTR in 308 Win, and of course my DPMS Sportical AR15. But, alas...

I wouldn't mind trying that 21SF. I'm thinking about buying one as my next new gun since I already have 2 model 21 hi cap mags :D

And to update my list:
    springfield 1911 GI
    G30
    CZ-52
    H&R 649 22lr/22 win mag
    taurus 608 357 mag.
    ruger 10/22
    And maybe one of the shotguns, we'll see, lol

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    .40 S&W Glock 22
    357 Mag Ruger SP101
    357 Mag Ruger GP100
    .22 Mag Ruger Single Six
    .22 Marlin model 60 semi auto rifle
    30-30 Marlin lever action
    .223 Bushmaster AR-15

Anyone is welcome to shoot any of them if you bring factory ammo:ar15:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Again, no rifle calibers. This means NO 223, 30-30, 308, 45-70, 7.62X54R etc. If it was originally designed/issued as a handgun it is OK. AR's or carbines in 9mm or ,40 or lever guns in 357 or 44 are OK.
    What is0so hard to understsnd? Please don't make it hard on the RO's.
    Yes, 460 and 500 S&W are allowed but I can't shoot my balistically equal 45-70. Doesn't make sense but that's the rules.
    Thanks

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    We just can't shoot rifles though, right? I mean, if somebody wanted to bring their new tricked out AR just to show off, is that okay?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom