• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hes just doing what was normal in the environment he grew up in.

If he says he's sorry he will be a perfect role model to youfs all over.

NOT!!!!!!!!

lock him up. He can toss a ball around. Big ****ing deal.
    If you take a lion out of the zoo and put him in a suit is it not a lion anymore? They take these urban youfs that can barely form sentences and give them millions of dollars to play ball and expect them to be upstanding role models. Where's the logic?!

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Hes just doing what was normal in the environment he grew up in.

If he says he's sorry he will be a perfect role model to youfs all over.

NOT!!!!!!!!

lock him up. He can toss a ball around. Big ****ing deal.
    If you take a lion out of the zoo and put him in a suit is it not a lion anymore? They take these urban youfs that can barely form sentences and give them millions of dollars to play ball and expect them to be upstanding role models. Where's the logic?!

The logic lies in the misguided fact of...Look what this po' boy from the ghetto did. You can do it too. (Referring to :spend:) This doesn't make it right for the boy from suburbia, either.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    The logic lies in the misguided fact of...Look what this po' boy from the ghetto did. You can do it too. (Referring to :spend:) This doesn't make it right for the boy from suburbia, either.

This is kind of what i was getting at...

No man should EVER lay his hands on a woman in a violent/harmful way...EVER...the fact is that he's a well known person (not sure if professional athlete is "celebrity" status) does not change anything except that the story will get more national airtime.

I do have to admit, the video on IndyStar is pretty funny...watching him step out of the van and have to duck walking through the door made me chuckle
    Miami Heat player Greg Oden leaves police custody with GPS monitor after arrest

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    This is kind of what i was getting at...

No man should EVER lay his hands on a woman in a violent/harmful way...EVER...the fact is that he's a well known person (not sure if professional athlete is "celebrity" status) does not change anything except that the story will get more national airtime.

I do have to admit, the video on IndyStar is pretty funny...watching him step out of the van and have to duck walking through the door made me chuckle
    Miami Heat player Greg Oden leaves police custody with GPS monitor after arrest

I would hope that this includes a caveat for actual intent to cause deadly harm on the part of the woman?

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    I would hope that this includes a caveat for actual intent to cause deadly harm on the part of the woman?

Not in my book :dunno:

If i am in fear that anyone, man or woman, has the intent to kill me im not beating their face in with my fists...there's a reason we carry and that would fall into this category. If he/she has a weapon and the intent to kill me, mines getting drawn.

I suppose in this scenario that if something happened where i was without the use of a firearm (malfunctioned, disarmed, butterfingers, etc.) and had no other options but to defend my life with my fists, then my rule would be broken

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    had no other options but to defend my life with my fists, then my rule would be broken

This could be fun, only because you bolded and underlined....suppose your wife/daughter/mother/significant woman in your life was on the wrong side of a girl fight and was really getting lit up - you grab the attacker, she turns on you, grabbin, slappin, scratchin, biting etc, what then?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

If i am in fear that anyone, man or woman, has the intent to kill me im not beating their face in with my fists...there's a reason we carry and that would fall into this category. If he/she has a weapon and the intent to kill me, mines getting drawn.

I suppose in this scenario that if something happened where i was without the use of a firearm (malfunctioned, disarmed, butterfingers, etc.) and had no other options but to defend my life with my fists, then my rule would be broken

If I caught someone harming my wife or one of my kids, and I'm not talking about them getting their ass kicked in a fight, I mean seriously trying to harm them......I'd much rather crush their ****ing skull with my bare hands than shoot them.:twocents:

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    This could be fun, only because you bolded and underlined....suppose your wife/daughter/mother/significant woman in your life was on the wrong side of a girl fight and was really getting lit up - you grab the attacker, she turns on you, grabbin, slappin, scratchin, biting etc, what then?

Depends...is she going to kill me with those grabs, slaps, scratches, and bites? If not, then no, my immediate reaction would not be to introduce her face to my fist...sorry. As said in my previous post, if things escalated to the point where i was in fear for my/my SO's life, i would react accordingly.

You're right...hypothetical situations are fun!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    If I caught someone harming my wife or one of my kids, and I'm not talking about them getting their ass kicked in a fight, I mean seriously trying to harm them......I'd much rather crush their ****ing skull with my bare hands than shoot them.:twocents:

My hypothetical wife/kids were not brought up til a later post...the post you quoted was my response to "I would hope that this includes a caveat for actual intent to cause deadly harm on the part of the woman?" I took that as asking whether or not i would beat a woman if she was trying to kill me, not harm someone i love.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

I suppose in this scenario that if something happened where i was without the use of a firearm (malfunctioned, disarmed, butterfingers, etc.) and had no other options but to defend my life with my fishts, then my rule would be broken

My dad always said it take's a bigger man to walk away from a woman then it does to hit one. But that being said I would not stand there and let some woman kick my azz without stopping the threat.

My crazy ex-wife pulled a knife on me one time and held it to my chest. I managed to get her by the wrist's and squeezed hard enough to make her drop it. Held on to her long enough to force her in to a room away from the knife and force her to the ground with bending her wrist to get her on the ground. Then I ran out of the house the other direction away from the knife she dropped. My big mistake was not remembering that I had left a pair of vise grips laying there within her reach. I got them in the back of the head as I ran. She attempted to get me with spousal abuse for forcing her in a room and putting her down on the ground. She called the cops on me. I had the nick in my chest from the blade and a knot on the back of my head from the grips. What a friggen mess.

She did not deny pulling the knife on me. I could have pressed charges. Cops told me too. I did not. Big azz mistake on my part. We parted company shortly after. Very mess divorce and I turned out to be the bad guy of course. Go figure. Never ever under estimate the power of a crazy women. No matter how big or small. She was 5.2 110 lb's. Me 6ft 185. Oh and why did she pull the knife? I did not take her to her mom's when she wanted. I wanted to finish fixing the sink first. Crazy B****h.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My hypothetical wife/kids were not brought up til a later post...the post you quoted was my response to "I would hope that this includes a caveat for actual intent to cause deadly harm on the part of the woman?" I took that as asking whether or not i would beat a woman if she was trying to kill me, not harm someone i love.

I gotcha, took it out of context.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    My dad always said it take's a bigger man to walk away from a woman then it does to hit one. But that being said I would not stand there and let some woman kick my azz without stopping the threat.

My crazy ex-wife pulled a knife on me one time and held it to my chest. I managed to get her by the wrist's and squeezed hard enough to make her drop it. Held on to her long enough to force her in to a room away from the knife and force her to the ground with bending her wrist to get her on the ground. Then I ran out of the house the other direction away from the knife she dropped. My big mistake was not remembering that I had left a pair of vise grips laying there within her reach. I got them in the back of the head as I ran. She attempted to get me with spousal abuse for forcing her in a room and putting her down on the ground. She called the cops on me. I had the nick in my chest from the blade and a knot on the back of my head from the grips. What a friggen mess.

She did not deny pulling the knife on me. I could have pressed charges. Cops told me too. I did not. Big azz mistake on my part. We parted company shortly after. Very mess divorce and I turned out to be the bad guy of course. Go figure. Never ever under estimate the power of a crazy women. No matter how big or small. She was 5.2 110 lb's. Me 6ft 185. Oh and why did she pull the knife? I did not take her to her mom's when she wanted. I wanted to finish fixing the sink first. Crazy B****h.
    :+1: to you on how you handled the situation given the circumstances (even though you left the Vise-Grips within reach :):)...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    He grew up in my area. Went to high school with my wife, same class as my sister-in-law. No, it is not normal.

Yeah, I don't know too many places where that's an acceptable practice, but I thought he knew him or something, from the boldness of the statement.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    He grew up in my area. Went to high school with my wife, same class as my sister-in-law. No, it is not normal.

That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't normal behavior for him. I find the area in which you grow up doesn't matter so much as the things that happen in your own home. This very well may be a totally "acceptable" thing that he's experienced many times before as a young person. Of course that doesn't make it right, but it may be the example that was set for him. Or he could just be a violent jerk. Or she could have been beating the crap out of him with a baseball bat and he was defending himself. Not likely, as one would would think he would be bruised and battered as well if that were the case. Just throwing out scenarios

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't normal behavior for him. I find the area in which you grow up doesn't matter so much as the things that happen in your own home. This very well may be a totally "acceptable" thing that he's experienced many times before as a young person. Of course that doesn't make it right, but it may be the example that was set for him. Or he could just be a violent jerk. Or she could have been beating the crap out of him with a baseball bat and he was defending himself. Not likely, as one would would think he would be bruised and battered as well if that were the case. Just throwing out scenarios

True. I was merely commenting on the geographical location aspect of the word 'environment' ...I did not include the household environment.

Top Bottom