• ...and so much more!
  • k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    **SOLD**

I'm selling my one-owner K1200LT. It's in perfect condition except for one issue, the ABS lights are flashing. The fault code is for the ABS piston failure. I can clear the code but it will come back in a day or two. A new pump is expensive but used ones can be had for $500-800 if you want to fix it. The brakes work fine there is just no ABS.

The good part is otherwise the bike is in excellent shape with 75k. Includes a Cee Bailey light smoke -2" windshield, J&M intercom with two headsets, headlight protector, good tires and all standard equipment like heated grips, power windshield, AM-FM cassette that works thru the intercom, reverse and cruise control. Replaced the front and rear brake pads, rear rotor and battery last year. I've had no other issues with the bike since it was new and it's ready to ride anywhere.

Priced to sell at $5450

IMG_3344.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

Last edited:

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Are you sure it's the pump & not the computer? I heard the computer's on those were real pricey.

The diagnostic code is 16-ABS Piston failure.

The Indy dealer checked it and I bought a GS911 diagnostic tool to check codes and set service lights on my other bike. I can reset the light with the tool but it will come back. The pump is not hard to replace but it's $2300 from the dealer. Used ones are $500-800. If I don't sell it this fall I may fix it over the winter and put it back on the market in the spring (for a higher pice).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom