• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I agree with throwing a new RSA in it and running it, unless you just want a new one for some reason.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Dang, man! As soon as she said get a new one you should have been out the door so she would be just standing there wondering where you went.

I agree with the gun is still good but man I would've been in my car driving to the nearest toy store before she was able to finish her sentence!

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    You have 2 things to consider....

1. You were just given permission by the misses to buy a new gun..........DO IT!, DO IT!, DO IT! You must head straight to a gun shop now and purchase something before the misses changes her mind again!

2. 4,500 rounds on a Glock means it is just now getting broken in. There are numerous reports on the internet of people getting tens of thousands of rounds through their Glocks while they are still going strong. That's like 15,000 miles on a car. Would you buy a new car every 15,000 miles thinking it was worn out and unsafe? If you want peace of mind, considering this is your carry pistol, you can replace your recoil spring to ensure proper cycling, your striker spring to ensure strong primer strikes, and your extractor spring to ensure proper extraction. In my opinion, these are the 3 most important springs on a Glock to ensure proper function. YMMV. They are only a few dollars apiece. Here is where I have been buying all my Glock parts recently. As far as I can tell, they have the lowest prices on the net for Glock parts. It is easiest to search their website by the Glock part number. Shipping is not crazy fast, but not horrible either.

ManVenture Outpost ?Hunters, Shooters, Campers, Fisherman? On-line catalog huge discounts!

I helped a friend who purchased one of those used Glock .40's that Classic Firearms was selling last year. He got an old Gen 2. It was in good shape on the outside, but the inside was horribly dirty. I don't think that gun had ever been cleaned in its entire life. I detailed stripped the gun and cleaned it while also replacing the items listed above. It took us 2 hours to clean all the crap out of that thing. The striker channel was particularly challenging to clean.

Once reassembled, it function tested fine. He has run 200 rounds through it so far with not a single malfunction. After re-inspecting it for him after some practice, it looks to be running strong and well. I am sure your G26 would do the same as well.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I just replaced my 2.5 gen G-27 (BSA prefix) with a 2,5 Gen G-26 (BRU prefix) both over twenty years old, my G-27 .40 developed a frame crack and was retired. So age is OK as long as its not worn out.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    X2

Then again how would they do that? The frame also has a serial number. Would the frame need to go through a FFL? Assuming your from Indiana.

No, you are allowed to receive a replacement firearm from the manufacturer without going through an FFL. They can send it directly to you as well. Remington once sent me a new 700 that had a different serial # when I sent in mine because it had extraction issues due to a rough chamber. They must've figured it was much cheaper for them to throw the old barreled receiver in the garbage and send me a new one than bother rebarreling the action from the original gun.

Note, this does not apply to NFA stuff.

Top Bottom