• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitbull1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Someone needs to post a pic of this man at the age of 7 and a pic of the angry mob before the story is released. That way the audience will have a clear picture of what happened here.

***should prob be some purple in there****

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You know, brings up an interesting question. I would say typically handguns are regarded as self defense weapon inside & outside the house, shotguns inside the house, but you never really hear too much about rifles in self-defense situations (AR-15's, etc.). Not to say they aren't used, nor should there be a difference; however, bearing in mind this happened right in front of this guy's house, had a such a weapon been available and used in defense, would courts treat use of a handgun/shotgun differently than a rifle (especially in a residential area)?

Lawyers, LEO's any insight? Looking for direct experience/precedent in a court of law, investigation, not just what the code says.

I think it was GUY from TFT that I heard this from or perhaps tha Abyoo (??sp??) files. In any case short summary there was a study that found the juries were more likely to find someone guility as follows:

man/women who uses revolver less guility than...
    man/women who uses handgun (semi-auto) less guilty than...
    man who uses shotgun less guilty than...
    man who uses rifle

women who uses rifle or shotgun were see as the same but still at the bottom of the list along with man using shotgun/rifle.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I think it was GUY from TFT that I heard this from or perhaps tha Abyoo (??sp??) files. In any case short summary there was a study that found the juries were more likely to find someone guility as follows:

man who uses rifle

women who uses rifle or shotgun were see as the same but still at the bottom of the list along with man using shotgun/rifle.

Hate to :hijack: but I would love to see a link to this study. My primary carry is a revolver, and it would be gratifying to know that studies show I'm less guilty than all you glock guys :laugh:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Legato... I'll look for it. My memory is saying it was in tha Abyoo ??sp?? files and not something I got from Guy. Try a Google search for it.

-Jedi

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville

man who uses rifle

Nope, that definitely was not me - I've never heard of such a study.

Guy

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Found it!!!
    Sorry Guy it was not you or Ayoob!
    Will It Hurt Me In Court? Weapons Issues and the Fears of the Legally Armed Citizen

In that article they als mention the other study by Branscombe, Crosby, and Weir (1993). In which juries gave "incompetent men" and "competent women" (comptenet in terms of handling firearms) harshes penalities then competent men and incompetent women.

-Jedi

--SHORT SUMMMARY---
    I URGE YOU TO READ IT LOADS OF INFO

The study was a focus on jury perception and it was conducted with mock jurorers.

Female jurorers gave the harhest sentence to females (on trial).
    If you use an AR-15 you get the harhest sentence.
    If you are a female and use the AR-15 your senetence is HIGHER than a male!
    (75% of females that use AR-15 are provieced as guilty from the start)

Perception of guilty is as follows (from more guility to least)
    AR-15 (ie. black gun)
    Mini-14 (ie. a long gun with wood)
    Winchester 1300 (ie. black gun)
    Winchester o/u (ie. a gun with wood)
    GLOCK (ie. black gun)
    revolver (ie. a gun with wood grips)

They also did a seceniro in which an LEO shoots incocent people and the jury is pade of LEOs and they found this:

"The male officers using an AR-15 were sentenced harshly but not as harshly as females using a Glock. Women were also more likely to be viewed as guilty using the Glock."

WOW!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom