• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Finally, Justice is served. I'll be sure to bring this up in future discussions.

"Hey - remember when that random white guy got beat almost to death? The score is even now. Just let Zman go."

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    My first thought was now I see the point to the Springfield 9mm with 21 rounds.

You know, brings up an interesting question. I would say typically handguns are regarded as self defense weapon inside & outside the house, shotguns inside the house, but you never really hear too much about rifles in self-defense situations (AR-15's, etc.). Not to say they aren't used, nor should there be a difference; however, bearing in mind this happened right in front of this guy's house, had a such a weapon been available and used in defense, would courts treat use of a handgun/shotgun differently than a rifle (especially in a residential area)?

Lawyers, LEO's any insight? Looking for direct experience/precedent in a court of law, investigation, not just what the code says.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I read this and wondered about the mob aspect of it, once you start shooting they will scurry like roaches anyways most likely. What would be the outcome if you started shooting and some were hit in the back? I'm sure you would be considered justified in this situation, anyone have input?

pitbull1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I read this and wondered about the mob aspect of it, once you start shooting they will scurry like roaches anyways most likely. What would be the outcome if you started shooting and some were hit in the back? I'm sure you would be considered justified in this situation, anyone have input?

Well i think you could count on the reverend being in town within moments to capitalize. Then you would be portraid by the media as monster who gunned down a peaceful mob that was demonstrating peacefully on your block.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Owens' brother, who does not want to be named because he fears for his safety, told News 5 the mob showed up in 3-4 cars full of people.

His brother-Lloyd-doesn't want to be named, so they name him in the most recent update...

From his hospital bed and weaving in and out of consciousness, Matthew Owens told his brother Lloyd, "Don't let me die."

How sad that a group of adults believe it's acceptable to retaliate for some verbal altercation with mob violence.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Well i think you could count on the reverend being in town within moments to capitalize. Then you would be portraid by the media as monster who gunned down a peaceful mob that was demonstrating peacefully on your block.
    Can't we find a semi-literate half-ugly white preacher to roam the country screaming "racism" whenever something like this happens?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I just read the story. The mob action wasn't justified but the victim sounds like the kinda guy you might want to beat on yourself. Numerous calls to the cops on him for domestic violence, sex abuse, etc. And if I'm reading his mug shot chart correctly he's 6'-2" and looks pretty well built. The neighbors said they're afraid for their kids to be around him for fear of him hurting them. Complicated story.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Aside from the 30:1 odds and racial aspects here, did anyone notice "history of violence" and "chased the kids away from his yard with kitchen knives"?

Also, the problem with blazing away at a crowd with any sort of projectile weapon is: what about the rounds that miss the crowd? Especially with a rifle, you have to wonder if innocent householders in the area would be shot by stray rounds.

While I hope everyone involved in this beat-down is arrested and tried, still sounds to me like an ******* with an attitude got in over his head and got his ass handed to him for his trouble.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just read the story. The mob action wasn't justified but the victim sounds like the kinda guy you might want to beat on yourself. Numerous calls to the cops on him for domestic violence, sex abuse, etc. And if I'm reading his mug shot chart correctly he's 6'-2" and looks pretty well built. The neighbors said they're afraid for their kids to be around him for fear of him hurting them. Complicated story.

Looks like they just added the arrest record stuff and the knife chasing comment. He may have been a jerk, but that shouldn't give a mob or:twocents: vigilantes or whatever they'll turn out to be the right to do what they did.

Top Bottom